• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

Y'all ever seen the tank rc battles?

Not sure how all that works but saw a video on it a year or so ago and it looked pretty cool.

They have a big battle at the tank museum in VA. When I built the Abrams it had an option for the sensor that mounts on top. The infrared light is mounted where the machine gun normally goes or on some models an external firing module is mounted. When your tank is "hit" the red lights on the sensor go off. After a few hits your tank is disabled.

Rc 1/16 Tank Led Battle System none / Tamiya USA

Tamiya has a line of 1/35 RC tanks. Although they may be hard to find.
1/35 Radio Control Tank Series (tamiya.com)
View attachment 3169785

I looked into those before I got the Tiger. Came close to ordering one but I was able to work out a deal on the Tiger first. Tamiya has recently released a WW1 motorized British tank. Maybe some updated WW2 stuff will follow. The Heng Long King Tiger came yesterday but I didn’t have time to get it together. I’ll try to get some comparison pics of both today. I still have a ways to go on the Tamiya kit though.

I've seen the Heng Long models online, interested to hear about them.

The King Tiger I got is the Promotional model. Metal gears, tracks, drive sprocket and idlers. It comes assembled accept for the tools and accessories. Some of the parts fit loose and will need some glue. The “center caps” for the axles wouldn’t stay on so I just took them all off until I can put enough glue on them to hold but still pop them off if I need to. The right rear mud flap popped off a few times also. Everything else worked fine and it was pretty cool to see the suspension work like the real deal. It looked cool in a scale speed but will also go fairly fast. Handled nicely the 5 minutes my grandson let me run it, although it can be jumpy if you start or stop fast. Only run it once so far and got about 25-30 minutes of run time. Came with a radio, battery and charger which was nice. I think we paid around $250 for it which seems worth it at this point if it stays in working order.

The King Tiger I got is the Promotional model. Metal gears, tracks, drive sprocket and idlers. It comes assembled accept for the tools and accessories. Some of the parts fit loose and will need some glue. The “center caps” for the axles wouldn’t stay on so I just took them all off until I can put enough glue on them to hold but still pop them off if I need to. The right rear mud flap popped off a few times also. Everything else worked fine and it was pretty cool to see the suspension work like the real deal. It looked cool in a scale speed but will also go fairly fast. Handled nicely the 5 minutes my grandson let me run it, although it can be jumpy if you start or stop fast. Only run it once so far and got about 25-30 minutes of run time. Came with a radio, battery and charger which was nice. I think we paid around $250 for it which seems worth it at this point if it stays in working order.

Thanks for the info. From what I've seen on videos, the real thing was pretty abrupt starting and stopping. I don't think they liked the clutches being slipped much !

0EF95030-B560-465A-9F07-759B149D2061.jpeg

Ready for primer and paint. I hope it runs...

Back
Top Bottom