• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Scale model’s

View attachment 3168870
On the bench now. I’m about a third of the way into it. My first RC build and first large scale build. This thing is a beast. I had to put that little vignette on hold for a few, my 3yr old grandson was asking me everyday to build this so he “could drive it”, lol. furious furious built a very nice Abrams awhile back that motivated me on the RC stuff.

That 1/16 Abrams was for a client. I think I would have went a bit darker with the weathering had it been mine to keep. Ever since I've been wanting a 1/16 Tiger. I've even been looking at the cheap Chinese version. Tamiya is the only way if you want a quality build.

I've been thinking about attending Modelmania in Houston again this year. The show/competition there is great but the real attraction for me is the vendors room. Some of those guys have old model kits stacked head-high and at a fraction of the cost. Last time I came home with my car packed full of kits.

ModelMania 2021 | IPMS/USA Calendar (ipmsusa3.org)

View attachment 3168870
On the bench now. I’m about a third of the way into it. My first RC build and first large scale build. This thing is a beast. I had to put that little vignette on hold for a few, my 3yr old grandson was asking me everyday to build this so he “could drive it”, lol. furious furious built a very nice Abrams awhile back that motivated me on the RC stuff.
Back in 1978-79 those RC kits were the stuff dreams were made of. Incredibly expensive though when making $10 per day (no work permit=slave wages) saving to buy an 1100.

I was an avid builder up until I started building ak’s. I got heavily invested and addicted to that up until a surgery and some complications have sidelined me from that. So to stay busy building something I picked up the xacto knife and glue again and started welding plastic(until I’m physically able to build Kalash again). I dig the German stuff primarily. Here are 2 I’ve done recently, a panzerturm and a Panzer IVH. Currently making a base for the tank. Anyone else build? Planes, cars, or whatever?

My business partner was talking about that last night. He has a bunch if 1/6 scale WWII stuff he might be wanting to sell soon. If you are interested I will forward pictures when I get them

image.jpg
image.jpg

The road wheel assemblies. Wheels, axles, bearings, etc.

That 1/16 Abrams was for a client. I think I would have went a bit darker with the weathering had it been mine to keep. Ever since I've been wanting a 1/16 Tiger. I've even been looking at the cheap Chinese version. Tamiya is the only way if you want a quality build.

I've been thinking about attending Modelmania in Houston again this year. The show/competition there is great but the real attraction for me is the vendors room. Some of those guys have old model kits stacked head-high and at a fraction of the cost. Last time I came home with my car packed full of kits.

ModelMania 2021 | IPMS/USA Calendar (ipmsusa3.org)

Tamiya is definitely top quality, the engineering and fit on this thing is spot on. Grab up a Tiger I know you won’t regret it, lol. I wouldn’t mind building another RC kit but 35th scale is what I really prefer and I have vignettes already planned out. I did order a Heng Long 1/16 pro 6.0 King Tiger for my grandson to play with until I finish this Tiger. He doesn’t have a lot of patience..

My business partner was talking about that last night. He has a bunch if 1/6 scale WWII stuff he might be wanting to sell soon. If you are interested I will forward pictures when I get them

Appreciate it, yea I would be interested. Especially some unbuilt stuff like a 34 or 42. My grand boy would dig some of those figures for sure.

Tamiya is definitely top quality, the engineering and fit on this thing is spot on. Grab up a Tiger I know you won’t regret it, lol. I wouldn’t mind building another RC kit but 35th scale is what I really prefer and I have vignettes already planned out. I did order a Heng Long 1/16 pro 6.0 King Tiger for my grandson to play with until I finish this Tiger. He doesn’t have a lot of patience..

Tamiya has a line of 1/35 RC tanks. Although they may be hard to find.
1/35 Radio Control Tank Series (tamiya.com)
top.jpg

Back
Top Bottom