• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WWII Museum, New Orleans

Mrs AC and I managed to check another item off our bucket list this week....the WWII museum in New Orleans. Very well done....you get a key card with the dog tag of a particular soldier then follow that soldier through the war by swiping it at each exhibit to see if he/she served there. Lots of WWII vets there sharing their stories too.....There was so much to see that we hope to visit again someday

View attachment 1797097 View attachment 1797098 View attachment 1797099 View attachment 1797101
I want that “stumpy” 30 carbine SO BAD!!!! I think that’s what that is?

Attachments

• 56CF9DDD-2DEE-4EFB-97AA-0ABEE2EDC4DA.jpeg
    56CF9DDD-2DEE-4EFB-97AA-0ABEE2EDC4DA.jpeg
    17.2 KB · Views: 15
It's definitely a nice museum and a great effort, but I've toured some of the best European WW2 museum's and it pales in comparison to what's to be found in Europe. NOLA has lots of stuff about the times and culture which I found quite boring. I'm interested in the arms and vehicles and there really wasn't enough of that stuff to make it interesting. It's not there fault, most of the great relics were left in Europe, but it's a well done museum.

It's definitely a nice museum and a great effort, but I've toured some of the best European WW2 museum's and it pales in comparison to what's to be found in Europe. NOLA has lots of stuff about the times and culture which I found quite boring. I'm interested in the arms and vehicles and there really wasn't enough of that stuff to make it interesting. It's not there fault, most of the great relics were left in Europe, but it's a well done museum.
I need to go sometime with my youngest girl or alone so I could spend a lot more time at the arms displays .I need at least an hour at the WW1-Current (or near current) small arms cabinet. My wife and oldest girl just don't get it lol. But they like what they like.

Back
Top Bottom