• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WTH is with some of these traders on here, lately?

12aj1y.jpg

Mods have told me that I can’t NEG someone if a time, place and priced haven’t been agreed to. Other members need to know about these jack-a$$es.

Here are the stipulations for negative feedback.
A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.
The reasons for leaving a negative are limited to the following:

• Cancellation of meet after committing to it.
  • Failure to show up to meet.
  • Failure to send payment or item.
  • Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.
Negatives do not have to be permanent, in many cases they are used to force a member to follow through with their commitments. At any time a user can choose to reverse any negative that they have left for another user by posting in the private help forum and letting the site staff know which rating to remove.

Members are allowed to inspect and reject an item or trade at a meet, there is no requirement that they must purchase the item, they are just committed to showing up to the meet.

We recommend that once you have all the details worked out that you send a private message detailing every item involved in the transaction and the time and location of the meet, and ask them to agree to it or accept it. Save this response until you are satisfied with the deal. Once it is gone you lose your leverage.

Disputing a Negative Rating - If you feel like you’ve been given a negative rating unfairly then you have 30 days to dispute it in the private help forum. Please remember that we only accept info that is verifiable in a private message.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

There should be a member point system that members can frag them with for the "I'll take its" that never respond back. After so many points you get a neg

Here are the stipulations for negative feedback.
A negative rating becomes an option once these terms have been agreed to by both parties:

• Date/Time of meeting. (Up to a 2 hour range is acceptable)
  • Location of meeting.
The reasons for leaving a negative are limited to the following:

• Cancellation of meet after committing to it.
  • Failure to show up to meet.
  • Failure to send payment or item.
  • Item is misrepresented or damaged and it is discovered after the transaction is complete.
Negatives do not have to be permanent, in many cases they are used to force a member to follow through with their commitments. At any time a user can choose to reverse any negative that they have left for another user by posting in the private help forum and letting the site staff know which rating to remove.

Members are allowed to inspect and reject an item or trade at a meet, there is no requirement that they must purchase the item, they are just committed to showing up to the meet.

We recommend that once you have all the details worked out that you send a private message detailing every item involved in the transaction and the time and location of the meet, and ask them to agree to it or accept it. Save this response until you are satisfied with the deal. Once it is gone you lose your leverage.

Disputing a Negative Rating - If you feel like you’ve been given a negative rating unfairly then you have 30 days to dispute it in the private help forum. Please remember that we only accept info that is verifiable in a private message.

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/help/rules/

I get it. I know the rules. But, you would think, in order to protect loooong standing members, these idiots should be recognized and called out.

It's still okay to commit to buy something for a price, shipping details worked out via P.M. and then have the buyer renege a week later when they were supposed to have sent the payment and the receiving FFL's file copy, no? Just want to make sure before I try leaving neg only to have it removed. I won't in this case because the buyer is a known douche bag and I sold the rifle a week later on gunbroker for $400 more.

Back
Top Bottom