• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Would anyone be intrested in an ODT 22lr match?

What Month would you like to see an ODT22LR match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I could give you a run for the money. :D
I have a benchrest centerfire rifle (6 HLS) that has not burned powder in more years than some here have been alive. :(
I keep telling myself I'd love to get into rimfire competitive shooting under the assumption, I'd actually do it. I have a place that would allow unlimited practice. But haven't a clue where to start equipment wise. It's obviously a completely different game.
So yes, as long as there's a 'stock' class, I'd try and go depending on date and locale just to learn what's up.
To you, and anyone else else who may be even a little bit interested, just show up to one of these and shoot what you have. Plenty of folks will be happy to help in any way possible. Most of us are all very happy to let you fondle our rifles. Figure out if you like this type of shooting, then figure out what you like in a rifle, scope and ancillary stuff.

These local matches have a wide array of rifles and equipment being used. From very base class, all the way to Vudoos with $4k scopes sitting on em, and everything in between. Good place to finger bang a bunch of stuff, much of which you won't find on the shelves.

I've shot .22 matches with a Savage FV-SR, a CZ 452, and single feeding a 40x from a velcroed elastic holder I made the night before and never felt held back. No one needs to worry about what kind of set up they have. Just get out and have fun because its always a great time.

I love rimfire matches, and I participated regularly in a couple different variations of them in the past, but I have not done so in the last few years.
I'm really not interested in driving too far --such as the Red Hill range.

With CCI Quiet ammo, I can shoot any .22 rifle in my backyard without annoying the neighbors. If I use my threaded & suppressed 10/22, I could do it with standard velocity ammo.

I'd be up for a "postal match" among ODT rimfire enthusiasts,
where we agree on a standard target in a certain course of fire and we shoot it on our own or in small groups of two or three people who get together at their own convenience at their own local shooting range or favorite spot in the woods.

In for more info...,this could be fun. I’d probably use a vintage US Springfield m1922
I'd bring mine if you bring yours....
IMG_20200725_124725.jpg

Back
Top Bottom