• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst suppressor you've owned

I highly doubt it was hearing safe. No 556 can is hearing safe considering the bullet breaking the sound barrier is not hearing safe. Especially a 10.5 inch AR.
Wanna bet? And it's a 30cal can, not a 5.56
PXL_20210619_182346034.jpg

Yes actually I would, Aug 15th we "nfatalk.org" will be doing a metering event at Red Hill firing range. 100 bucks says that it reads over 140 at either the right or left ear with standard milspec ammo.
Daughters 1st birthday weekend so that ain't happening lol. You got a place to shoot over there? We ain't far apart.

Don’t forget hearing safe and hearing comfortable are not the same
If it's over 140 at the ear I would be surprised. I was shooting out from a metal carport and was amazed how quite it was. Hardly any gassing, super low tone, the only loud part was the supersonic crack. Maybe the rain played a part in it because it was damp and sprinkling that day.

Bowers VERS 50 suppresses those calibers well?

Two cans in my safe that don't get used much -

Salvo 12 - I mean, it doesn't suck given there really isn't much else out there better for shotguns but its heavy, bulky, and on anything other than my KSG its awkward when its mounted on a longer barrel. Thankfully got a deal on it during the post-HPA distributor liquidation couple years ago.

Bowers Vers 50 - Bulky, long, heavy, mounting system is meh. Been using it on a 458 socom, 450bushmaster, and 50 beowulf but may dedicate it to the beowulf as I do not like leaving the vers adapters on the rifles and would rather have a muzzle brake adapter like keymo or area419 when not running suppresed. Can just figure out which adapters to bore out and run those with my hybrid.

Daughters 1st birthday weekend so that ain't happening lol. You got a place to shoot over there? We ain't far apart.

I do but I don't have a meter. You are welcome to bring it by but we will not be able to determine anything scientific as to if it's actually hearing safe. I do like the point above about their being a difference between hearing safe and hearing comfortable. Everyone's ears are very different. For me something around 138 still hurts my ears while other people it doesn't bother at all.

Went and checked if we had data on the arc 30 since we have metered at Bryans place in the past. It metered 141.2 at the left ear on a 16inch AR with 62 gr ammo. It did meter sub 140 at the muzzle but probably not a good place to put your ear when shooting.

Back
Top Bottom