• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Worst suppressor you've owned

AK74U

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
89   0
Reaction score
Lets hear it, what's the can you always wanted, then after the wait/during the wait it was not up to par as you had first thought. Maybe it didnt meter as well as stated from the manufacturer, mounting system sucked, etc. I bet I will hear some AAC/Huntertown Arms guys saying they cant get warranty work/support.

I own a Sparrow, Osprey9, Ti-Rant9, M4-2000 and a SDN-6. If I had to pick I'd probably say the SDN-6. Not because of warranty or support but I mostly brought it because of the price. Dont get me wrong is a great can but a little long and a little heavy. I think I originally was going to get the Recce 7. And not that its bad but I almost wish I had gotten the Osprey45 just because I dont have any 45 cans.

This one.
upload_2021-5-28_1-56-19.jpeg

Not from personal experience or anything, but those fram oil filters suck for anything larger than 22lr lol. On a micro draco the cardboard internals got shredded up and somehow sucked back into the barrel and gunked up the action. Not to mention, it was still extremely loud.

Again, not my experience.

I hate to say it, but my Rugged Surge. For the price and size I expected a much quieter can. I absolutely love their obsidian 9, 45, and oculus. My Arc30 is a lot quieter and cost less than half, although it’s much heavier. My arc22 is a close second just cause those aluminum baffles are a pain to get clean.

Has to be my Gemtech MIST integrally suppressed barrel for the 10/22.

It binds up almost as soon as you start shooting. They say to break it free every 50 shots or so, but even that is way to many. Every time I take it out I have to soak the guts with gun scrubber overnight then break it free with a small strap wrench while the action is locked in a wood vice.

It does a decent job as a suppressor, but this locking up is such a PITA that I'm replacing it with a POF integral suppressor as soon as that stamp comes in.

Has to be my Gemtech MIST integrally suppressed barrel for the 10/22.

It binds up almost as soon as you start shooting. They say to break it free every 50 shots or so, but even that is way to many. Every time I take it out I have to soak the guts with gun scrubber overnight then break it free with a small strap wrench while the action is locked in a wood vice.

It does a decent job as a suppressor, but this locking up is such a PITA that I'm replacing it with a POF integral suppressor as soon as that stamp comes in.
I guess I have mixed feelings on this. I have an AAC Element II for 22LR that seemed pretty well built with a titanium shell, internal cast(?) baffle sections and some decent end-caps and demount and cleaning tools for it. It was black using something called Cerakote. First time I cleaned the outer shell with a cloth and light soapy solution, ALL of the Cerakote just wiped right off. WTF? It was like they'd never heard of spraying their paint with any kind of hardener or something. I know this had to be one of the first ones they did with that new paint called Cerakote....anyway, I said screw it and bought some hi-temp black Lauer Custom Weaponry HVLP and redid the shell in my home spray booth. I can put any kind of cleaning solvent on it up to brake and carb cleaner and it comes out perfect.. just the dirt and soot on the paint...

I enjoy my octane 45, but I whish I had went with a mystic. Same with my arc30. At least on my ar10, I have significant poi shifts that aren't repeatable. My Specwar 7.62 is always dead on with minimal shift and much lighter. But not as quiet as the Arc30

Back
Top Bottom