• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

World series ticket prices. lolwut?

It's important. Without professional athletes and entertainers, who will tell us how we are supposed to think?
That's one reason why I'll never support "professional" sports in any way. High school, *maybe* college sports if free to attend, and that's about all. The money involved takes all the sport right out of it all.

It will be interesting to see how many seats are filled.

My guess is that companies/corporations are about the only entities that can afford this kind of entertainment. And that makes it a write-off as entertainment expense.
I came here to write this, No one working for a flat salary or hourly wage would be stupid enough for to pay that. Just part of the new American way. The corporate and govt. Elite and then everyone else.
If I had 10.000,000 dollars in the bank I would not pay those prices out of my pocket.

That's not like saying that at all. Everything is relative. For a guy with millions sitting idle I'm sure $13k for a couple hours of entertainment is nothing. For the average person, I'm pretty sure it's insane. Color me average I guess. If I ever get to the point I can whizz away $13k on a ball game, I hope I give it to someone that actually needs it.
No I wouldn't pay $1,000 to watch LSU play in the national championship even though I could easily afford it. I've had multiple chances in my life and suspect I'll have a few more. ;) I've been to one national championship game (Bama vs Miami). The tickets appropriately carried a 'premium', but even at that youthful age and modest income, I could easily justify it. (Can't really remember, maybe $150). Apparently the average per captia income in Georgia is just north of $31k. When a ticket price equals 42% of that, we've reach stupid levels.
Where are you seeing tickets for 13k? im looking at my normal seats in the 314/315 section and they are trending just over 1000. Maybe a suite ticket but most suites are bought by companies

And they can sell that gun and get most, all, or even more than than they paid for it back.
$13k to watch a game for a couple of hours is complete lunacy. Talk about bread and circus....
It’s all about priorities, and disposable income. $13K is pocket change to a lot of people.
Don’t know where I went wrong, can’t even afford a new car.

Where are you seeing tickets for 13k? im looking at my normal seats in the 314/315 section and they are trending just over 1000. Maybe a suite ticket but most suites are bought by companies
It was in the link in the OP. It looks like most have sold. There are only a few 5 digit seats now and they appear to be suites, maybe. Looks like dugout etc are down to $5k-$6k. Maybe it was just the mad rush of first available.

This yalls first time ever looking at championship game tickets? Isnt out of the norm at all. Not to mention the first time its came to atlanta in over 20 years. This might be once in a lifetime chance to see a World Series game in Atlanta. For some people this is their passion, kinda like yall dumping thousands of dollars on a gun for it to just sit in the safe.
Haha you might struck a nerve with this one !

Back
Top Bottom