• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woodstock Area

As old as it is it wouldn't hurt to get a new extractor. They don't have to look very worn to not grab them right. Also light loads a notorious for not cycling well
Well if I start with 38spl then cycling won't be an issue in a revolver. Good to know though and I'll find an extractor, is that brand specific to my press or are they a universal fit?

Well if I start with 38spl then cycling won't be an issue in a revolver. Good to know though and I'll find an extractor, is that brand specific to my press or are they a universal fit?
Sry... I had reloading on the brain. I now realize you were definitely talking about the old Remington lol! I'll look into that as there is no telling how many thousands of rounds my Granddad put through it. He used that on our old family farm back in the day to feed the family long before I was around.

I second ultimate reloader videos. I’m Just getting started myself and have read for a few months and slowly acquired components. Taking it each step at a time from brass tumbling to decapping and swaging military brass. I’ll be building my bench and mounting my press soon to move on to resizing and trimming brass before actually loading. My approach was to read read read and then hands on do each step to understand how everything fits together. Really looking forward to getting some rounds loaded and testing them in the next month. Good luck to you sir but read as much as possible.

Back
Top Bottom