• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wood working, furniture building thread

Ouch, but just part of the hobby. Bet you learned not to do that again! Your work is looking good.

The Knack is strong with this one!
Thanks all! This has been about the most enjoyment I’ve gotten out of remodeling my house for the past 2 years. All the other stuff has been drywall, paint, floors, scraping ceilings...

With the hinged lid, I’m gonna do 4 feet of beadboard on the wall behind it with a mantle with coat hooks on top. Putting polyurethane on the bench seats this weekend. I should have the hinged bench painted by this weekend too.

I like the Dewalt cordless lithium ion drills and impact drivers.
They can be had at decent discounts on Craigslist.
Pawn shops are also a good place for discounted new tools and saws.
I scored a brand new Dewalt portable 10” table saw for about $150 under retail.

I love the saw and have used it on the job site and the crew really liked how it worked compared to other brand portables we’ve used in the past due to its ease of use, stability and how nice it cut full sheets of 3/4” plywood without the saw rocking or tipping.
The boss man bought one because he liked mine so much.

I’ve got the Dewalt cordless circular saw and reciprocating saw also.
Of course they share batteries with the other lithium ion tools and you can get a lot more life out of them if you get some larger amp hour batteries such as the 5 amp hour batteries which can be obtained on Craigslist new for substantial discounts.
I have bought several new Dewalt batteries and tools from this cool Asian looking dude who advertises on Craigslist in the sugar hill area.
He’s a cool dude to deal with and has a lot of new inventory all the time.
The small general purpose 20v batteries still last longer than the old bulky 18v batteries but if you want to step up to the plate get your hands on some 4 or 5 amp hour batteries.

Still got to install the corbles and 6” mantle. Got 4 nice oil rubbed bronze coat hooks too
89B3D52A-7154-480B-8583-2815B831EF00.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom