• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Woo Hoo! I finally get to go fishing!

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
For those of you that know, the boot came off last Monday and I don't have any restrictions on activity other than what pain demands. I thought there was going to be physical therapy to follow, but the Doc said to just walk on it every day until I can't stand it anymore then put the boot back on. Repeat daily and see him again in three months.

I went up this morning and detailed the boat and got the batteries on charge. I'm taking Wednesday off and hitting Lanier. It would be nice to catch something, but I don't really care if I do.

CD5E1D0D-A3A5-4280-BE04-B96916D81219.jpeg

For those of you that know, the boot came off last Monday and I don't have any restrictions on activity other than what pain demands. I thought there was going to be physical therapy to follow, but the Doc said to just walk on it every day until I can't stand it anymore then put the boot back on. Repeat daily and see him again in three months.

I went up this morning and detailed the boat and got the batteries on charge. I'm taking Wednesday off and hitting Lanier. It would be nice to catch something, but I don't really care if I do.
With all the stress on your foot you may not be able to make it back. You should take a buddy to keep an eye out and make sure you get back safely. I’ll volunteer to take time off work and go fishing just for your well being. I ask no fee for my generous offer....

Congratulations man. I’m sure you will have a great time on the lake.

Bear get you onboard charger best money ever spent
I've got an onboard charging system. The 24v system can be hooked up to a regular charger, but primarily charges via the solar panel I have installed at the storage facility. The 12v charges off the 24v system, but I'm not sure of the long term affects of leaving it connected to the 24v system, so I leave it disconnected. I seldom need it, but since the boat has not been used in over three months, I figured it would be best to charge it up.

Congrats Bear. Hope you get good weather and catch a ton! I’m loving getting back on the water after so many years away.

Yep...with the remnants of that her-a-cane may put pressure about right. There is supposed to be hard rain Thurs...??
Good luck & in for the pics !

It's supposed to be windy and wet.

Perfect Striper weather.

I read somewhere (Allatoona?) that white buck tails trolled 150’-200’ behind the boat was a good bite for stripers and hybrids right now. From the Lake Lanier fishing report this week:

Striper fishing is good. The stripers have been moving from River Forks to the Dam. Using your electronics search for bait in the morning around any subsurface structure, humps, points, ditches and mouths of the creeks. We are pulling lead core 275 feet behind the boat with Capt Macs Mini Macs, chipmunk jigs with a variety of trailers in a variety of colors. Down line herring has produced some good Stripers over water 60 to 100 foot bottom fishing 25 to 35 feet deep. Look at the channels going from one creek to the main channel.”

Hope you catch a boatload! Post pics regardless

Back
Top Bottom