• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wolverine vs Sandman

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
230   0
Reaction score
Just got notification today that my krink is in the mail back to me. I hardly ever shoot unsuppressed so I plan on getting creative and mounting my sandman S on it. Has anyone run one? I saw eforms are coming back and I could grab a Wolverine if it works that much better. Not concerned with the look, I'm looking for ruggedness and effective in suppression.

AKs being piston guns are loud no matter what you stick on the end. The big issue is AK muzzle threads are rarely concentric to the bore. Your sandman will be fine probably but you also might gut it. Also dont forget the Russian 308 is really 312 ish. Those few thou might cost you.

The wolverine is over bore and the mounting system shoulders differently so it works on any AK with standard AK threads.

The above post has the information you need.

I don't believe either would be hearing safe but the Wolverine would be even less so due to the over bore but safer from a baffle strike.

The Wolverine is “hearing safe” but not hearing comfortable to the shooter with full power loads. The Wolverine is better built to handle the back pressure in the AK system but should get about the same performance in both cans sound wise as Wolverine is only slightly over bored. That being said it’s still gonna be loud AF on a Krink regardless of the can, guy had one at QRF event few years back and I was suprised just how loud it still was……BUT ultimately if you’re gonna flex on the poors owning a Krink it deserves to look the part with the PBS-1 style can so I say Wolverine required

^^This!

I shot the Wolverine when it first debuted. Wasnt bad on the ears for 5 rounds. This was on a 16 inch barrel. I can imagine the shorter barrel would make it a bit louder.

The Wolverine is “hearing safe” but not hearing comfortable to the shooter with full power loads. The Wolverine is better built to handle the back pressure in the AK system but should get about the same performance in both cans sound wise as Wolverine is only slightly over bored. That being said it’s still gonna be loud AF on a Krink regardless of the can, guy had one at QRF event few years back and I was suprised just how loud it still was……BUT ultimately if you’re gonna flex on the poors owning a Krink it deserves to look the part with the PBS-1 style can so I say Wolverine required

Back
Top Bottom