• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Winchester gun safe not opening.

I’m tired and have been dealing with crazy people all day, call me tomorrow and I’ll try to help you get it open.

Pm me a picture of the lock please.
I got it to open. I put my combo in about 30 times in the last two days. I finally started trying to take the dial off and it didn’t want to come off. I tapped on a couple times with a hammer to try to loosen it up and decided to try my combo one more time and it worked.

I have a classic combo lock on my Cannon safe because I didn’t trust the electronics...but I have to make at least a half dozen attempts on it before it will “catch” and open. I’m guessing even the mechanical ones wear out at some point. It’s a real pain in my rear end.

They wear out quicker the faster you turn them. Always turn them slow.

That sucks, that's what always scared me from a electric lock. I talked to chucks in WR and they said they heard of about 6 going bad. My buddies went bad within the first few months. They had to replace the door to install a combination lock. Supposedly you can go to a combo to a electric without changing the door but not vice versa. That's what the technician told him and that's what they did. It was all covered under warranty.

Back
Top Bottom