• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Swamplion

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
3   0
Reaction score
Upon return of my Winchester 1895 Russian Musket has been eye opening experience and I want to make it right. It served well and deserves better treatment than what it shows. The bayonet was boxed up and is being sought out.
Firstly, the top wood has been misplaced, the front forend/bayonet lug screw is missing as are other parts like the original buttplate, the stripper clip guides were also removed.
Yet, the rifle in its current condition will continue to ring the gong at a 100 yards and still keep a group a fist sized grouping.
I would like to get this restored properly and correctly. My disappointment it its mistreatment is upsetting, but that gets nothing made right. If you believe that you can help this veteran rifle to get back how it should be, please let me know. I believe some parts were taken off in my absence and sold so maybe you may have parts or can help me find the necessary parts to make this rifle whole again. This is a beloved family heirloom and was a bring back from the Polar Bear Expedition when the USA invaded Russia in World War One.

This is no run of the mill Winchester. Most places aren't going to have the correct parts to unsporterize a Russian contract Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54R because they are rare here in the US and most of the parts are proprietary. Good luck. Still awesome though that you inherited one of those. Best of luck to you

This is no run of the mill Winchester. Most places aren't going to have the correct parts to unsporterize a Russian contract Winchester 1895 in 7.62x54R because they are rare here in the US and most of the parts are proprietary. Good luck. Still awesome though that you inherited one of those. Best of luck to you
Definitely a rare rifle that has been in the family appropriately has taken care of until the family idiot got to sticky fingered over certain parts. Thank you and it will require some luck to make it right again.

Back
Top Bottom