• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will using paypal for gun purchases get this site in trouble?

Strange rules...buy anything gun related...mags, holsters, parts...off Ebay and Paypal lets it happen.
Another reason to say ^&@$ to eBay, that holds true is you are a high seller (super seller or have a store OR ESPECIALLY pay for promo, or adds) they also have a counterfeit policy they will COMPLETELY ignore once you hit about 10k a month and they rarely will back the small guy purchaser or buyer.
I am not stating that out of anger it is a (unwritten) fact.

Curious if it's 'gun purchases' as in the subject or 'gun related purchases'.

Things that are gun related can be fine. I buy sights from Skinner and holsters from Concealment Solutions via PayPal and there's no issues at all.

If it's a person rather than a company I have no problem sending/receiving PP for non-firearms... basically anything I could buy on eBay anyways. If they send it 'friends and family' then it's hard for them to pull a fast one, although it's also hard to resolve if you are the buyer then.

Even then I still don't do it for things that are more than a $100 or so typically, although that depends on the ODT rating.

That being said I would never use PP to buy or sell an actual firearm. They can yank that money back out as fast as it gets put in and it would only take one slip up to lose lots of money.

iu

It's funny that we had this conversation oh, I just had a guy who has zero feedback is brand-spanking-new and in Tennessee ask me if I would ship in the holster if he paid me via PayPal. I told him I can't work like that with new Traders and I believe he probably has the red @$$ from his response

PayPal is a California Corporation and all its users are subject to their Terms of Service (TOS) which adheres to CA State law, including firearm related items. If you cannot buy it in CA, you cannot use PayPal to pay for it, etc. I was selling complete uppers and PayPal found out what they were. I listed them as machine parts because they were not a firearm. However, PayPal snuck in some more verbiage into their updated TOS (which included many things) that defined what I was selling. Short story long, PayPal froze my account and all the funds in it (Thousands of Dollars) for over 30 days before releasing the funds and terminating my PayPal account.

Just don't risk it unless it is a family member and they are Gifting/Friends & Family you the funds, etc.

Back
Top Bottom