• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will this be the most expensive shooting range ever built ?

pickleball........yeah, that's the ticket.
1631734084075.png

They need to bulldoze it and put in a park similar to Amerson. They also need armed security there to keep homeless and gang bangers out. That’s all they should do in that area. Maybe a few nice restaurants or bars along the edges. Macon’s trying…we need more industries that have low level, but meaningful work back in town. But sadly, that seems to be the issue with a lot of places in America.

They need to bulldoze it and put in a park similar to Amerson. They also need armed security there to keep homeless and gang bangers out. That’s all they should do in that area. Maybe a few nice restaurants or bars along the edges. Macon’s trying…we need more industries that have low level, but meaningful work back in town. But sadly, that seems to be the issue with a lot of places in America.
Government giveaway programs have about killed the work ethic in America.
This country’s on the downslide, no coming back. Funny how great empires run their course in about 250 years. We’re right on track.

I have long said Macongo is a coin with two sides or as Mayor Miller knows.."a tale of two cities."
There is a decades long bitter division between the wealthy and the poor ( not race based at all except in the mind of the old school bigots ). Why would anyone with a good paying job voluntary live in a high crime ghetto area or keep their children in an under performing school district ? .......They do not.....They move away

I could make a solid argument that any area of town in Macon that is on the bus line is/has/will become a run down , empty buildings , low or no income slum area. The bus line will not take people to "industries that have low level, but meaningful work " with good pay because they have abandoned the city. You need a reliable car to get to the good paying job off I-75 , I-16 , and Hwy 247.

This boondoggle may be the best option available for this area. On face value, I don't see it doing much to improve the life of the locals stuck there.

Well, to be fair.....

If shows/restaurants/movies did draw folks in from the surrounding areas, it would provide the local goot bois with a richer, more well heeled class of victims to rob from.

I have long said Macongo is a coin with two sides or as Mayor Miller knows.."a tale of two cities."
There is a decades long bitter division between the wealthy and the poor ( not race based at all except in the mind of the old school bigots ). Why would anyone with a good paying job voluntary live in a high crime ghetto area or keep their children in an under performing school district ? .......They do not.....They move away

I could make a solid argument that any area of town in Macon that is on the bus line is/has/will become a run down , empty buildings , low or no income slum area. The bus line will not take people to "industries that have low level, but meaningful work " with good pay because they have abandoned the city. You need a reliable car to get to the good paying job off I-75 , I-16 , and Hwy 247.

This boondoggle may be the best option available for this area. On face value, I don't see it doing much to improve the life of the locals stuck there.

If somebody is throwing good money at a bad idea, there's a better than average chance it is just... "Your tax dollars at work!"
I love when "affordable housing" is pitched in these developments - why don't they just come out and say what they really mean - Section 8 housing...

Back
Top Bottom