• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will a Rem 1100 410 and a 1100LW 410 take the same barrel?

n4rod

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
31   0
Reaction score
I have a Remington field grade 1100 in 410. I am looking for a spare barrel. I have a 25 inch vent rib fixed modified choked barrel. It is marked for 3 inch plastic shells only. I've tried shooting 2.5 inch shells in it, but they don't produce enough gas through the small, single gas port in the barrel to operate the action correctly, causing jams. I've read that the gas port can be drilled out larger so the 2.5 inch shells will work, but then you can't shoot 3 inch shells in that barrel without battering the action components.

I've found a 25 inch vent rib fixed skeet choked barrel that has a 2.5 inch only chamber. So it would have a larger gas port that will properly operate the action. But some of the skeet receivers I've seen are marked 1100LW. I've also seen 1100LW 410 barrels for sale on the internet. I'm wondering if a skeet barrel would work on my standard 1100 410 field receiver? Since one has a 2.5 inch chamber and the other has a 3 inch chamber, would the receivers be different enough that the barrels won't interchange. Kind of like the 1100LT and 1100LW 20 gauge guns I have. No interchangeability in those barrels. And the skeet barrel I found for sale is "As is, no returns." The seller can't tell me anything about the barrel. It belongs to someone else. I'm in Georgia and the barrel is in NY. Too far to take my gun there for a trial fit. And I certainly don't want to be stuck with a $400 barrel if it doesn't fit.

Thanks for any help,

Rod

Yes, the Skeet Barrel will "Plug In" to your .410 1100 field gun & "Run" just fine with 2 & 1/2" shells--The only differences between the Field guns & the Skeet and Sporting guns in the .410 1100's are the Chamber Lengths & grade(s) of wood--The Receivers and their "Guts" are exactly the same--FWIW, the better quality the Target Loads you feed it are and the CLEANER the Gun is, the better it will run--HTH

Found a 2.5 inch, V.R. plastic shells only skeet barrel for sale at Broome's Barrel Exchange in Fitzgerald, GA. I called them and asked them to measure from the bottom of the barrel to the top of the vent rib just behind the mid bead. Was about an inch on my existing V.R., 3 inch plastic shells only Mod barrel. Wanted to see if the rib was the same height on that skeet barrel. It was the same height. I ordered it and it came the very next day. Really fast service! The barrel went right on, fit and functioned perfectly. Shot a box of shells at some clays thrown from a Wheelybird machine, and then patterned it with Winchester AA, 2.5 inch #8 shells. Absolutely beautiful pattern. Nicely filled with no open spots, and centered perfectly in a 35 inch circle at 25 yards. I have over 40 boxes of 2.5 inch 410 shells, and maybe 3 boxes of 3 inch 410 shells, so will store away the other 3 inch only Mod barrel. This sweet little gun with the skeet barrel will be my go to gun for the opener of dove season this Labor Day weekend!

Rod

Rem1100410a.JPG

Rem1100410d.JPG

Rem1100410g.JPG

Rem1100410k.JPG

He was less than the ones on Gunbroker or Corsons. There just isn't anything cheap today with the Remington name on it. Well, with one exception. The "post bankruptcy" Remington is releasing their newly manufactured 870 Express 12 gauge pump. Saw one the other day and it looks good. And the new price is less than all the used ones listed on the ODT. Including mine.

Rod

Back
Top Bottom