• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will a magnet remove static from clothes?

I hang dry everything cause I don't have a dryer. It's just me so I don't need one. It's a dry climate and friction if you rub up against stuff. I just had dressed in clean hung dry clothes. I walked over to get into my gun safe and a blue spark about two inches long hit me as well as my Gun Safe Keypad. It blew up my keypad and blasted the S!!t out me. Now I got to shuck out 100 bucks for new circuit board. It fried the board to the point where it won't even beep when you press the numbers. All functions cease to exist. That electricity is a bitch.

hey gang,

I think it's a cold weather thing, but my lighter material clothes (that is, gym shirts, lightweight workout shorts, etc.) are coming out of the dryer with a good level of static.

Would running a simple magnet over the clingy clothes remove their static charge?

I've been google searching it, but I don't see any of the results referencing using an actual magnet to fix it (as an alternative to, say, wetting my hands lightly and running it over the fabric, using skin lotion on me, etc.)

Thank you for any and all help. This static drives me nuts because these are some of my favorite shorts and shirts

edit: I already use dryer sheets

Reduce the drying time.

Back
Top Bottom