• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Will a magnet remove static from clothes?

Gucci Mane

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
hey gang,

I think it's a cold weather thing, but my lighter material clothes (that is, gym shirts, lightweight workout shorts, etc.) are coming out of the dryer with a good level of static.

Would running a simple magnet over the clingy clothes remove their static charge?

I've been google searching it, but I don't see any of the results referencing using an actual magnet to fix it (as an alternative to, say, wetting my hands lightly and running it over the fabric, using skin lotion on me, etc.)

Thank you for any and all help. This static drives me nuts because these are some of my favorite shorts and shirts

edit: I already use dryer sheets

81UAOeveAOL._SY355_.jpg

According to diy Natural, here are seven natural ways to reduce static in the laundry:
  1. Hang Dry. The best natural way to eliminate static in laundry is to hang dry everything. ...
  2. Dry Synthetic Fabrics Separately. ...
  3. Reduce Drying Time.

hey gang,

I think it's a cold weather thing, but my lighter material clothes (that is, gym shirts, lightweight workout shorts, etc.) are coming out of the dryer with a good level of static.

Would running a simple magnet over the clingy clothes remove their static charge?

I've been google searching it, but I don't see any of the results referencing using an actual magnet to fix it (as an alternative to, say, wetting my hands lightly and running it over the fabric, using skin lotion on me, etc.)

Thank you for any and all help. This static drives me nuts because these are some of my favorite shorts and shirts

edit: I already use dryer sheets
Milty 5036694022153 Zerostat 3 Anti-Static Gun, Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0033SHDSS/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_apa_i_wrnWDbKCSR6GY

Yes, it is not inexpensive, but these static discharge guns do the trick.

Back
Top Bottom