• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why was there an update?

The biggest upgrade for me is the quality of the photos. For an impulsive buyer, this is either a great thing or a horrible thing. lately its been a horrible thing (for my wallet).

I don't use ODT from my phone, only desktop so cannot opine on mobile use but so far it is 95% exactly the same as the old format and getting better every time Okuma fixes some more bugs. Much easier for uploading photos. No more having to reload photos on relist. Many things I see that are working better. The feed is a good bit different and I kind of miss the old one but other than that, all better from my perspective.

Most folks don't like change, but in the IT world it's literally daily. Things that this site and other web admins have to deal with that average users don't think about. Most of it comes down to compatibility(outdated servers, software and programs) and vulnerabilities(outdated = highly vulnerable to attacks, slow running sites, errors). Why do you think Microsoft and Apple(Mostly Microsoft) have to push out updates and patches so often?

So while change may not seem fun, there's a reason for it and it's not to just screw with the users.

while change may not seem fun, there's a reason for it and it's not to just screw with the users.
Oh, I'm fully aware, I used to help run one of the largest 4wd sites on the internet...I just didn't know what those reasons were. I figured if I knew (and other members) it would help justify the growing pains in our own minds....

Back
Top Bottom