• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do sellers ghost on buyers?

I think the first publicly posted "Ill take it" should be priority.

But instead seller sends messages saying.
"Sorry I got a PM 1 second ahead of yours"..and .."I'm waiting to hear back from them"
But I will put you inline if they don't take it.Thanks

I respond..I was the first to respond saying ."Ill take it".
and "Im in your area this morning and willing to meet with cash in hand"

Seller says.."Yes.. I still havnt heard back from the guy whos PM beat you by 1 second"
But I will let you know because you are next in line"..

3 days later I'm back at work and not available to meet and I get a message telling me its available to me if I want it...

First person that agrees on a place, price and time gets it. If it's popular and a good deal and I'm trying buy, I try to offer as much information as possible so the interaction isn't 30 msgs long. If I'm selling something for a deal and 15-20 people respond quickly, I appreciate the person who recognizes it and facilitates expediting the process.

Also, I've ghosted folks after saying I'll give them their asking price when they told me the only place they can meet is 15-30 minutes past where their stated location is. I'm thinking "we're an hour apart, why the hell do I want to drive an hour and a half one way?".

I wished we could give people a GHOST rating.

Neutral? I still haven't quite figured out what that rating is for yet. Lol

I think the first publicly posted "Ill take it" should be priority.

But instead seller sends messages saying.
"Sorry I got a PM 1 second ahead of yours"..and .."I'm waiting to hear back from them"
But I will put you inline if they don't take it.Thanks

I respond..I was the first to respond saying ."Ill take it".
and "Im in your area this morning and willing to meet with cash in hand"

Seller says.."Yes.. I still havnt heard back from the guy whos PM beat you by 1 second"
But I will let you know because you are next in line"..

3 days later I'm back at work and not available to meet and I get a message telling me its available to me if I want it...

That's crap or get off the pot situation right there.

Back
Top Bottom