• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do sellers ghost on buyers?

$1,000 Dollars for a scope n mount?..Im old and cheap but that aint NEVER happening for me.
I felt that way for a lot of years. Then I made the mistake of buying a Bushnell Tactical Elite a few years ago. Once you shoot with high end glass its hard to go back.

This is a rifle I'm setting up for my son. He's turning 18 in the spring and I wanted to give him something special. He's also planning on joining the military after graduation so I only have 6 months or so before he's an adult out in the world. He's a good kid, he deserves it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I think he ghosted you cause he had to put her back in the safe................

I have so many people Ghost on PM's its crazy. Or 10 people in a thread will be asking if an item sold. The poster won't ever post back. Just a lot of ghosting. I wished we could give people a GHOST rating.

I usually get ghosted because I’m a broke kid, and after seeing something i can’t live without, I offer every penny to my name and it’s never quite enough.... can’t blame a guy for tryin though. I’d probably ghost me too :ghost:

That’s different. I’ve done that in my broke days. “This is all I got, sorry” offers. I also don’t get too upset when a potential buyer ghosts. I get making an offer an then realizing you can’t really afford it and being embarrassed to say so. I would prefer they say so, but I get it.

But when someone says “I’d like to pay your asking price” and you won’t respond to them, that I don’t get at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s different. I’ve done that in my broke days. “This is all I got, sorry” offers. I also don’t get too upset when a potential buyer ghosts. I get making an offer an then realizing you can’t really afford it and being embarrassed to say so. I would prefer they say so, but I get it.

But when someone says “I’d like to pay your asking price” and you won’t respond to them, that I don’t get at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I definitely agree with you there.
It’s equally frustrating when you PM first with an “ill take it” and they start setting up a meet. And then ghost, and mark it as sold..

I felt that way for a lot of years. Then I made the mistake of buying a Bushnell Tactical Elite a few years ago. Once you shoot with high end glass its hard to go back.

This is a rifle I'm setting up for my son. He's turning 18 in the spring and I wanted to give him something special. He's also planning on joining the military after graduation so I only have 6 months or so before he's an adult out in the world. He's a good kid, he deserves it.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

SO AWESOME!!! ;););)

Back
Top Bottom