• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do sellers ghost on buyers?

T-Roy

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
167   0
Reaction score
Guy lists a scope for sale, cash price. He also lists some vague trade options and that he has mount that can be included "for the right deal."

I pm the guy and ask for a price with the mount. He replies Cash or Trade? I tell him probably cash, nothing I'm looking to get rid of, but if there's he really wants maybe I have it. I also say No Aks. (He listed some as interests I think, but I don't know enough to about em to know which acronyms are what)

He pms back "Are you saying I don't have AKs or you don't? " Why TF would I tell you what you have?

So I reply I don't have AKs. Weren't you looking for one? Then immediately send "What's your cash price, because I'll probably go that route anyway. I'll be up your way tomorrow morning.

And then he turns into GD Casper. I see that he's been online a few times since then. No response. Now I get up this AM and he's relisted the scope overnight.

Why do people list, and relist, crap and then actively try not to sell it? I didn't try to negotiate on the listing price, even though it was only 10% off of new. All I wanted was a total so I could put about $1000 in his hand, but I guess that was too much to ask? Blows my mind.

On the upside I had a great deal with @Snake Eyes yesterday getting the rifle the scope was for. Super nice guy, really enjoyed meeting him. And my brand new identical scope will be here Wednesday.

But seriously, don't list it if you aren't willing to sell it!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Guy lists a scope for sale, cash price. He also lists some vague trade options and that he has mount that can be included "for the right deal."

I pm the guy and ask for a price with the mount. He replies Cash or Trade? I tell him probably cash, nothing I'm looking to get rid of, but if there's he really wants maybe I have it. I also say No Aks. (He listed some as interests I think, but I don't know enough to about em to know which acronyms are what)

He pms back "Are you saying I don't have AKs or you don't? " Why TF would I tell you what you have?

So I reply I don't have AKs. Weren't you looking for one? Then immediately send "What's your cash price, because I'll probably go that route anyway. I'll be up your way tomorrow morning.

And then he turns into GD Casper. I see that he's been online a few times since then. No response. Now I get up this AM and he's relisted the scope overnight.

Why do people list, and relist, crap and then actively try not to sell it? I didn't try to negotiate on the listing price, even though it was only 10% off of new. All I wanted was a total so I could put about $1000 in his hand, but I guess that was too much to ask? Blows my mind.

On the upside I had a great deal with @Snake Eyes yesterday getting the rifle the scope was for. Super nice guy, really enjoyed meeting him. And my brand new identical scope will be here Wednesday.

But seriously, don't list it if you aren't willing to sell it!

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
$1,000,sorry man the BID started at $1,200.

Back
Top Bottom