• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people post firearms For Trade Only?

This may have been discussed previously but I am wondering why people post items for trade only. At least it is something to discuss other than Coronavirus and toilet paper.

My thoughts...

1. I have the firearms in my collection that I want, otherwise I sell them and buy something else. Therefore, I don't have a stack of items that I would want to part with to get your item.

2. What are the chances that someone wants what you have, having something you want and they are willing to part with it?

3. Why not offer what you have for SALE and then you have the CASH to BUY whatever you want on the site (Except for other for trade only items).
This may have been discussed previously but I am wondering why people post items for trade only. At least it is something to discuss other than Coronavirus and toilet paper.

My thoughts...

1. I have the firearms in my collection that I want, otherwise I sell them and buy something else. Therefore, I don't have a stack of items that I would want to part with to get your item.

2. What are the chances that someone wants what you have, having something you want and they are willing to part with it?

3. Why not offer what you have for SALE and then you have the CASH to BUY whatever you want on the site (Except for other for trade only items).
This is the outdoor trader and a lot of folks like to trade.

when I post for trade only its because sometimes (like now) if I sell my item at a fair price I can not replace it for a fair price. I am not a gun dealer or turning for profit im a gun enthusiast and most times to get what I want I give something someone else wants ,pretty simple

I wish folks would at least try to sell their stuff before offering it for trade. I just don't have any need or want for 99.99975% of what is offered for trade.

And the guy trying to get rid of the item doesn't have any need or want 99.99975% of what you have, but "just looking for something interesting" which is ODT speak, "anything worth twice my piece of crap"

Back
Top Bottom