• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why do people post firearms For Trade Only?

DMGun

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
This may have been discussed previously but I am wondering why people post items for trade only. At least it is something to discuss other than Coronavirus and toilet paper.

My thoughts...

1. I have the firearms in my collection that I want, otherwise I sell them and buy something else. Therefore, I don't have a stack of items that I would want to part with to get your item.

2. What are the chances that someone wants what you have, having something you want and they are willing to part with it?

3. Why not offer what you have for SALE and then you have the CASH to BUY whatever you want on the site (Except for other for trade only items).

I've found a lot of gun owners out there will sell off the surplus rifles in exchange for newer guns. I've done it a lot and we both typically end up happy. I like older guns and they're getting something newer. Other times I'm curious about a gun and will shoot it for a while and either trade it or sell it if I don't like it. Sometimes trades will be heavily in your favor and can turn a profit if you don't like what you traded for. Sometimes I keep what I've traded for. Not always though. I've gained a lot of experience and perspective on different guns because of trades. I know what I like and want out of a gun and also what I don't. Having said all of that, I always list for sale or trade. I just about always have a cash price. Cash is always king.

Back
Top Bottom