• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are you paying $1 per round for ammo?

Why are you paying $1 per round for ammo?

• Total voters
Right now prices are a test of commitment. I will ALWAYS have ammo for defensive purposes. I will spend a fair amount of money so that I can shoot to stay proficient for carry/defensive purposes. I will still spend money as long as it's sustainable in my budget to do the things I want to do like hunting, match shooting, etc. I won't be able to do as much, but I'll still spend money and find ways to be frugal or shift priorities to keep recreational shooting.

Nobody guaranteed affordability in the 2nd amendment, nobody guaranteed access when resources are limited. It's up to you to plan accordingly and we are now seeing how committed you are if you didn't prepare. Unfortunately life isn't fair and just because you can't afford as much as you used to for ammo, doesn't mean it's criminal or immoral for someone to charge market pricing. We are after all still living in a relatively free market and a capitalism based economy.

If you planned ahead or allocated the necessary resources, the current price inflation is an amusement. If you didn't, you're facing the consequences. If you couldn't swing it before, well it's just unfortunate but it's the way it is. The last year has brought a significant amount of new shooters that are now deciding it is now time to stash or hoard or just get what they can buy to practice and increase proficiency...in addition to everyone else that was already doing it. Just because you're not at the range doesn't mean others aren't. I've worked with many newer shooters lately that don't care or even realize ammo is more expensive because they've never known "cheap" pricing, they now value the skill sets and having access to a firearm and ammunition and are willing to pay current market pricing.

Best post I've read all day.

Back
Top Bottom