• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are you paying $1 per round for ammo?

Why are you paying $1 per round for ammo?

• Total voters
Ammo shortages are predicted to run through 2022, the devaluation of the dollar will continue to happen at a record pace. Jeff Cooper a billion years ago predicted that ammo would eventually be “ballistic wampum” for trade as currency would be almost useless. There is always someone stronger , smarter and faster, having said that I recognize my position my be faulty.

But I am going to continue to operate as if the shortage will continue. If you need the ammo at some point a dollar a round might seem like a damn bargain. YMMV.

Two ways I look at the current ammo prices. By summer we will find lower prices due to many buying now and putting ammo on high interest credit cards and some will be selling at a loss to make their card payments. The other group are the ones that keep the ammo purchased on credit and now realize with interest they have paid $3.00 a round for .22LR and higher for the other stuff. It's gonna be an awesome year once the reality of economics hit.
I think you are misreading the future....

it is what it is.
did you ever pay 5 bucks a gallon for gas? or did you walk?
the people selling are doing so because it is worth it to them. the people buying need it.
the people buying had every chance to buy when it was cheap. they may not like the price,but feel they need it.
people buy gold,hold it til the price goes up,then sell it. its called investing. but when they do it with lead they are bad people..
dont buy if its too high. if you cant afford enough to be comfortable,try and get enough to be safe..
remember this next time. invest,buy a million rounds. then when it dries up,sell it at cost. flood the market,taking the moral high ground only works if you act on it. or just buy enough to not pay a buck a round....
just my 2 cents,and that wont even buy a round of 22lr...

Yeah I get all that. I was trying to find the underlying motivation for buying ammo at these prices, hence the poll questions.

I think you are misreading the future....

I think his assessment has some truth. There are people buying a lot of ammo, but not a lot of people shooting a lot of ammo.

Fact: Factories are pumping our record amounts of ammo.
Fact: People are hoarding ammo, not blowing it at the range like before.

What exactly is going to happen to all of that ammo? Is it gonna get shot? Or will it eventually be sold? If sold, at what price?

I think his assessment has some truth. There are people buying a lot of ammo, but not a lot of people shooting a lot of ammo.

Fact: Factories are pumping our record amounts of ammo.
Fact: People are hoarding ammo, not blowing it at the range like before.

What exactly is going to happen to all of that ammo? Is it gonna get shot? Or will it eventually be sold? If sold, at what price?
That my friend is called speculation....!

Back
Top Bottom