• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are flippers so hurt by criticism?

Dude, if I want a new Glock, I walk into one of several stores and buy one new for $500 or so. I don't need to sell my ammo to buy guns, because gun prices are the same today that they were before Covid...

Prices on guns are inflated HERE. Not at local gun stores...

If you need another kind of ammo or powder or primers or certain brass, your $500 Glock doesn’t have any bearing on the situation.

Last week maybe... What I was just talking abut was guns...
Oh, so you know believe your statement was in error?? Or, You now don’t believe it to be true? Which is it??![/QUOTE]

I have said a few things over the ages and none of them are mutually exclusive. I said that ammo prices being higher at the retail level are a result of actual shortages. I THEN said that the ammo scalpers who camp out all night and then flip the ammo for triple the cost, are taking an existing problem, and compounding it by drying up what little supplies there are, and driving costs up even more, all in the name of greed.

I have also said that gun prices haven't really changed, except for here, ArmsList and GB. Retails stores all over my area, are selling for largely the same precovid prices. I have talked to them, as I have with other FFL's, and they have said that the prices from the manufacturers and distributors are pretty constant, no significant changes there... So "supply and demand" hasn't seemed to impact retail gun prices, apart from the folks like Cheaper Than Dirt, etc...

Both of those claims, which are amply supported by the facts, can be true at the same time.

And they are.

If you need another kind of ammo or powder or primers or certain brass, your $500 Glock doesn’t have any bearing on the situation.

I have tons of ammo. I have always been the type to keep at least 10k rounds on hand at all times... That's my "stash" if you will, and when I go to the range, it doesn't come out of that stock.

I know, having 13k rounds is small potatoes compared to what some of the local mall ninjas and doomsday fetishists have... but it serves my purposes just fine.

I am on their mailing list! I was just pointing out that inventory is far from normal. Lots of options, but a long way from just walking in and picking up what you want.

I bought a California model Glock 45 (ten round mags) from them a few weeks ago. It was the first 45 in there in a month. Of course a week later they got in a bunch of regular Glock 45s with 17 round mags.

luckily I have a ton of mags and didn’t care what the gun came with.

Yeah, of course their inventory isn't what it was last year, but it's still pretty decent and they get stuff in almost every day. DG+P has had decent inventory as well.

Yeah, of course their inventory isn't what it was last year, but it's still pretty decent and they get stuff in almost every day. DG+P has had decent inventory as well.

DG&P has been closed most of the last two months and when they are open you either need an appointment to get in or you have to stand outside for half an hour. I would be willing to pay flipper prices to avoid all that nonsense. I love that store, but I just don't see myself shopping there until things calm down.

I know they have had a rough couple of months, I hope things get better for them soon.

Oh, so you know believe your statement was in error?? Or, You now don’t believe it to be true? Which is it??!

I have said a few things over the ages and none of them are mutually exclusive.

Both of those claims, which are amply supported by the facts, can be true at the same time.

And they are.[/QUOTE]

Blah, blah, blah, blah. The real reason you post is because you are "hurt" that you cannot post your negative responses in another members ad. That is not allowed on this site and you just can't get over it. You know the rules. The rest of what you say is nothing more than your opinion of what you believe is going on and has very little do with facts.

DG&P has been closed most of the last two months and when they are open you either need an appointment to get in or you have to stand outside for half an hour. I would be willing to pay flipper prices to avoid all that nonsense. I love that store, but I just don't see myself shopping there until things calm down.

I know they have had a rough couple of months, I hope things get better for them soon.

One of his daughters almost died in a car accident and has been in pretty rough shape, so he's taking a lot of personal time to deal with that.

I was up there a few weeks ago before the accident and I waited outside for 3 minutes, due to occupancy restrictions from Covid... but they had a lot in there, picked up a new shotty... I like dealing with those folks.

See fellows, flippers being upset over comments in their ads makes sense. Flippers getting so butthurt about comments in another sub forum? That's the mystery. Why are they such fragile people?

One of his daughters almost died in a car accident and has been in pretty rough shape, so he's taking a lot of personal time to deal with that.

I was up there a few weeks ago before the accident and I waited outside for 3 minutes, due to occupancy restrictions from Covid... but they had a lot in there, picked up a new shotty... I like dealing with those folks.

Oh I totally understand it, I just am not willing to deal with it for now. When things get back to normal I will certainly be a customer again.

Went by GGS today, they had the 43X, but not the 43X MOS. :sad:

Back
Top Bottom