• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are flippers so hurt by criticism?

The irony here, is that many people are against gouging, or flipping for incredibly stupid prices.

If you think that they are wrong... you must believe that gouging and flipping for incredibly stupid prices, is a good thing?

Care to explain why?

It’s a great thing because we live in a “mostly” free society where people can freely exchange currency for goods and services they want for prices they are willing to pay, and other people can exchange their goods and services at a price they are willing to accept for currency from others.

why anyone would be against that is beyond me.

No, I’m not selling 700 dollar Glocks, and I’m not buying them either. I don’t care if other people do. That’s none of my business.

Put it for auction (but not on ODT) and let the "market" decide. I have a box of 50 rounds .45 Blazer Brass on a local auction site (FB page) and current bid is $45. A box of 100 CCI Mini Mags is at $37 (I think). I put the 10mm that I had listed on here on Gunbroker, current bid is $555 w/ 3 days left. Got no traction on here.

Yes, there are some crazy prices being paid at auction. But no one is gouging since the seller is not setting the price. The "market" is determining the price by their bid!! And, yes, the market is paying almost $1 per round...
Get a load of pricing in 18 months.....

I'm guessing you don't have any ammo listed.

Near everything is high now. If you can't trade for something, you'd better sell ammo high because the money you need for that other thing you're looking to buy will also be inflated.

If you've got ammo, some people will say you're a hoarding flipper every time there's a shortage. The people throwing rocks aren't generally offering to sell any of their stash at pre-panic prices though. Go figure.

It creates artificial inflation on almost every gun sold here, drives the prices up to stupid levels... Drives all the deals this placed used to have, away...

I'm guessing you don't have any ammo listed.

Near everything is high now. If you can't trade for something, you'd better sell ammo high because the money you need for that other thing you're looking to buy will also be inflated.

If you've got ammo, some people will say you're a hoarding flipper every time there's a shortage. The people throwing rocks aren't generally offering to sell any of their stash at pre-panic prices though. Go figure.

Dude, if I want a new Glock, I walk into one of several stores and buy one new for $500 or so. I don't need to sell my ammo to buy guns, because gun prices are the same today that they were before Covid...

Prices on guns are inflated HERE. Not at local gun stores...

It creates artificial inflation on almost every gun sold here, drives the prices up to stupid levels... Drives all the deals this placed used to have, away...
Gee... Then what about all the online ammo....? Are we now responsible for that price increase? Give me a ****ing Break.......

I think it’s funny that anyone gives f*** what anyone says or cares about other people’s business. Don’t like me I don’t give a F*** I buy low and sell high everything Realastate,stocks..... why is this anything different. If you were not smart enough to buy it ahead of time sorry not sorry

Back
Top Bottom