• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are AKs so expensive now?

The days of Cheap AKs is long gone, Demand is way up. it also has to do with the parts being imported from overseas and the periodic sanctions, bans. Then, there is the difference between stamped vs a milled receiver, the quality of the barrel and trunnion components. All of these make a rifles more or less expensive.

I was thinking of buying another AK.
When ammo was 17 cents a roundm
But now ammo has at least doubled in the past year AKs are not that attractive.
So I will keep what I have for a shtf.

Got into AK's years ago with a genuine Egyptian Maadi with pharoah mark (NOT a MISR). Closest thing to an original Russian design. Then discovered the Vepr and have several in different calibers (no longer imported). AK's are a special breed...love 'em. Just like 1911's are a special breed....love 'em. AR 15's are a special breed...love 'em. If I had to explain why I love 'em.......you probably wouldn't understand.

Agreed.

Got into AK's years ago with a genuine Egyptian Maadi with pharoah mark (NOT a MISR). Closest thing to an original Russian design. Then discovered the Vepr and have several in different calibers (no longer imported). AK's are a special breed...love 'em. Just like 1911's are a special breed....love 'em. AR 15's are a special breed...love 'em. If I had to explain why I love 'em.......you probably wouldn't understand.

Back
Top Bottom