• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Why are AKs so expensive now?

Lots of factors. Certain countries that could import large volumes of AKs are now banned from doing so. A larger interest in the platform. Inflation. More people buying firearms. Better QC control on AK products. A huge aftermarket that didnt exist 6-7 years ago. Affordable ammo. Historical interest due to the wide range of countries and series models.

#1 factor, AKs are the lord of war.
Yes.

Are any guns cheaper now than they were 10 years ago?
I passed on a new AMD 65 at a gun show back then because I was waiting for the price to drop closer to $300, they were asking $350...not the dumbest decision I've made but I still think about it when I see what people are listing them for now. I'll never be able to afford one.

Title says it all: Why are AKs so expensive now?
origin.jpg

Huge influx of non-believers with deep pockets buying imported AK’s for investments to resell later for profit is what’s driving up the prices and reducing supply. These buyers are not shooters or collectors.

It’s a double-edged sword because AK purists are now able to sell their older used AK’s for very good money, but unable to replace them.

You described the housing market, gun market, PS5/Xbox/Graphics card market, collectible card game market and even more all in this one comment. Outside "investors" in all of these industries basically see what has been an undervalued market for years now and it's a bit like a stock market with more tangible goods essentially

Back
Top Bottom