• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who's hanging in the Left lane?

Do you move over into the right lane when not actively passing others?

• Yes.

Votes: 116 78.4%
  • No.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Yes, but only when someone is riding my a**

Votes: 15 10.1%
  • No, I stick with the lane I'm in till I get where I'm going, thanks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I'll be turning left in another 28 miles so I figured I"d just stay here.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • NO, and if you try to pass me on the right, I"m gonna stomp the gas.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Get off my back bro, I'm on my way to the Taco shop.

Votes: 6 4.1%

• Total voters
Everyone is "safe" about excessive speeds until they kill someone.

I edited out the part I run over to the car and pull the door open and half the deceased driver rolls out.

Everyone is "safe" about excessive speeds until they kill someone.

I edited out the part I run over to the car and pull the door open and half the deceased driver rolls out.

Incorrect. Plenty of people who speed have no business doing so.

People who speed up instead of move over scare me the most. I don't want you to go any faster than you feel comfortable. I just want the same courtesy extended to me. That's why its called a Passing lane.

Everyone has their unreasonable fears.
My neighbor is agoraphobic
One of my friends is claustrophobic.
I myself am acrophobic.
Then there are those who are tachophobic.

Oh good, so you will most likely get it.
So say you are travelling south like I was earlier today with my entire family in a large suv.
I hang a left off of harmony church and get into the slow lane on 400. I casually run it up to 65 in a 55 since anything slower is a felony and normally I cruise through there about 62.
Well of course the only other car behind me on harmony church nails it and only achieved only a half car length ahead in the left lane. Also 65.
So here we go. Motorcycle out of nowhere roars up behind me, whips it around. By this time I've gotten a car length behind slow man in the fast lane. Motorcycle comes on in front and is gone.

So sometimes I'm going to walmart I'll take the left lane instead. I'm only going to do 10 over. Traffic will stop at 53. Stop again maybe and I'm there. Better be in the left lane by now.
But somehow regardless, I'm holding people up holy ****.

Same going south going to Racetrac. I'll be 65 in a 55 moving like pond water and all I need is gas.

You want to know something? I don't give a ****.
I'm absolutely a courteous driver. But nevertheless, I eventually have to make a left.
I have not been in a hurry to be anywhere in 4 years. Only once i was slightly pushed for time and even then i wasn't an ass and left a 3 second + gap following.

We can agree that whole area is a cluster**k, that's for sure! ;)

It's a big city issue. In Alabama we all drive tractors so we all use the right lane on a dirt road. ;)

Back
Top Bottom