• Search system is being worked on, should be fixed soon.

Who wants to be a Cat Technician... and be paid while you learn?

Boot71

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
111   0
Reaction score
Just put of curiosity, have you recruited anyone yet?
Seems no one wants to work even when the pay is over $25 per hour..
Seriously! I've not been able to staff my tiny metal shop adequately for the past couple of years. These kids come in asking for 22-25 $/hr, having no experience, and can't even read a tape measure. It's pathetic.

Mrs_Esterhouse

Default rank <4500 posts Supporter
Swollen Member
4   0
Reaction score
That's $52K a year. That's not bad for a single guy in his 20s. If you are looking for more seasoned workers, they are going to need more money to survive, or they will find other higher paying work elsewhere. You can't raise a family on $52K and be middle class, at least in metro Atlanta.

Rolling_trip

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
145   0
Reaction score
That's $52K a year. That's not bad for a single guy in his 20s. If you are looking for more seasoned workers, they are going to need more money to survive, or they will find other higher paying work elsewhere. You can't raise a family on $52K and be middle class, at least in metro Atlanta.
$52k after 3 months of training is awesome. I’m sure a company that large also has a big benefit package as well. I remember working for KIA years back starting off at 20.85 an hour, and made over $70k a year with bonuses and overtime.

sniper22

Boar Icon Lifetime Supporter
Aspiring Christian
166   0
Reaction score
Seriously! I've not been able to staff my tiny metal shop adequately for the past couple of years. These kids come in asking for 22-25 $/hr, having no experience, and can't even read a tape measure. It's pathetic.
This^^ before closing our shop, we couldn't get people to come to work @ $30 per hour!
Must be a whole lot of folks living tge rich and famous life style cause 50k will keep a roof and groceries.
$52k after 3 months of training is awesome. I’m sure a company that large also has a big benefit package as well. I remember working for KIA years back starting off at 20.85 an hour, and made over $70k a year with bonuses and overtime.
Book time will make you rich once you know what you're doing...

Yancey Cat

Default rank <50 posts Sponsor
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Yes we have recruited great candidates. We just graduated a Boot Camp in Gwinnett, finishing up one in Austell and just started one in Savannah.
Coming up next is another one in Austell and Gwinnett and one In McDonough - if you know anyone, let us know! GREAT career starter - and don’t forget about the thousands of $’s in tools!

Top Bottom