• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who uses and has an outdoor griddle

In for info!

My question is : What do you use it for mostly that you couldn't grill?
I have the 23inch 2 burner...It's great for so many dishes that a grill is not good for..Philly Cheese steak, Omelets, Hash browns, Pancakes, Bacon and I can go on and on..Mine is small enough to cook off a tailgate or the stand I have. Get that burner hot enough and it's great for putting a crust on hamburgers...Note pick up a dome cover for steaming and take the time to season your grill properly..Have fun!

Thanks guys! Didn't mean to hijack the thread John5757 John5757 , I was just way over curious. I have too many grills now,
Big Green Egg, RecTec and a small propane unit but have thought about a flat top.... I agree on the "sear" on a steak @kodis556 but the sear plates I have for the RecTec do that really well. Now, the stuff DinkyDau DinkyDau and others mentioned is a different game all together and sparks interest!

Thanks guys! Didn't mean to hijack the thread John5757 John5757 , I was just way over curious. I have too many grills now,
Big Green Egg, RecTec and a small propane unit but have thought about a flat top.... I agree on the "sear" on a steak @kodis556 but the sear plates I have for the RecTec do that really well. Now, the stuff DinkyDau DinkyDau and others mentioned is a different game all together and sparks interest!
Not at all. I’m the same way. Have Weber Smokey Mountain, RecTec 590, Weber Genesis, Weber Q2000, and had a Weber kettle but it got trashed in the recent move. Didn’t use it much but have been wanting a griddle. I have the griddle for the RecTec but it sucks, no way to get the grease out. Definitely getting the sear kit next time I go to RecTec. Probably next weekend as I’m out of pellets and like theirs the best.

Not at all. I’m the same way. Have Weber Smokey Mountain, RecTec 590, Weber Genesis, Weber Q2000, and had a Weber kettle but it got trashed in the recent move. Didn’t use it much but have been wanting a griddle. I have the griddle for the RecTec but it sucks, no way to get the grease out. Definitely getting the sear kit next time I go to RecTec. Probably next weekend as I’m out of pellets and like theirs the best.
Agree on the pellets AND they’re half the price of any you buy around here. I was there about two weeks ago and picked up 120 pds for 60 bucks.
Be careful…. I’m like a kid in a candy store when I go in there!

Blackstone 4 burner is great! We use ours all the time. We even cooked a couple of homemade pizzas the other day. Turned out great. Once you do smash burgers, you'll never want one on a regular grill again. Get it you won't be sorry.

Oklahoma style smash burgers! And believe it or not the best so far was Salmon fillets and king crab. Precrack the legs and pour in some melted, seasoned butter, a little tin foil tent over the crab.A few squirts of water to aid the steamage. Restaurant quality at half the cost.

Back
Top Bottom