• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who shoots long range?

Anyone tried the 6mm arc yet?
Not yet. I'll probably shoot up the remainder of my Valk and switch over. Overall, seems promising. Getting a 6mm into an AR is a win in theory. Have seen others having issues with mags, but that only seems to be a brand or two, and can't remember which brands those were.

IIRC, ngcsugrad09 ngcsugrad09 was running the arc.

Anyone tried the 6mm arc yet?

I have had a barrel on order for 2 months, no word on when it is coming. Have a nice barrel made I spun up from a blank as well, but it has not been chambered yet, reamer has been on order for a month. One of these days I will be able to give my opinion on 6ARC, but not right now.LOL
When I get these done I will try and do a writeup comparing the 20in Ballistic advantage barrel to my 22in built on a Krieger blank.

So I'm a complete noob to long distance chootin'. I haven't shot at anything past 100 yards. I don't have a bolt gun yet. I have a SR-25 coupled with a Leupold Mark 6. Theoretically, how far should this rifle be accurate up to?

sr25.jpg

So I'm a complete noob to long distance chootin'. I haven't shot at anything past 100 yards. I don't have a bolt gun yet. I have a SR-25 coupled with a Leupold Mark 6. Theoretically, how far should this rifle be accurate up to?

View attachment 2833723

Generally speaking with decent ammo, own everything to 600, repeatable at 800 and takes some skill for 1k.

A 16" .308 is an 800yd gun.

Back
Top Bottom