• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who is in charge of the classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take it has never had any meaning here.

You must agree on terms. AND set up firm time and place for the sail, and all MUST be done by PM

No text. No phone, they do not count

There are forums that use I'll take it as a confirmation of the deal, this is NOT one of th those.

Ok thank you for that info so what do i do about people who send phone number and want to talk tell them no they have to PM me? seems hard to realize that's best course of action.

I want to be 100% clear if i am buying and i send pm which is private and others cant see it how does anyone know who responded first??? no one would ever know and people would just be forced to trust seller! by posting publicly there is a time stamp for everyone to see that's the only honest way to conduct business and hold people accountable so that can't be the official rules unless a democrat is running the classifieds.
I am asking a legitimate question here and want an official answer as a 15 year member need to know how to proceed forward.

Ok thank you for that info so what do i do about people who send phone number and want to talk tell them no they have to PM me? seems hard to realize that's best course of action.

I want to be 100% clear if i am buying and i send pm which is private and others cant see it how does anyone know who responded first??? no one would ever know and people would just be forced to trust seller! by posting publicly there is a time stamp for everyone to see that's the only honest way to conduct business and hold people accountable so that can't be the official rules unless a democrat is running the classifieds.
I am asking a legitimate question here and want an official answer as a 15 year member need to know how to proceed forward.

Unofficial answer; the seller can choose whomever they like to deal with. Responding first doesn't mean a thing.

There's no commitment to meet until a day, time and place are agreed, through pm's, if you want to be able to neg a no show.

I've got a "high deal rating" and haven't made a single friend on here. :violin:Guess it's just my animal magnetism and smokin' deals that draws the folks to me.........

You have some bad deals, no shows? Ridiculous. Leave them neg feedback. That’s about all you can do. Times they are a change in. When we started 15 or so years ago it seemed like there was a better caliber of folks. But we did have some dirt bags even then. I communicate only by PM until we have set the time place. Then I exchange phone numbers. So on the day of the deal we can talk ,text Each other were in route. I’ve never had a no show. Maybe it works for me! Good luck in your sales, purchases in the future. It seems like you’ve met the NEW ODT

If you want to be able to use the feedback system, then yes. The only acceptable form of communication for the purposes of feedback is site PM.

I want to be 100% clear if i am buying and i send pm which is private and others cant see it how does anyone know who responded first??? no one would ever know and people would just be forced to trust seller!

As stated above, being first has zero bearing on anything. The seller can make a deal with any buyer they want, it doesn't matter who reached out first.

by posting publicly there is a time stamp for everyone to see that's the only honest way to conduct business and hold people accountable so that can't be the official rules unless a democrat is running the classifieds.

On the contrary, I'd say "forcing" a seller to make a deal on based solely on a timestamp seems a lot more liberal than the common sense idea that someone selling an item that they own can damn well choose to deal or not deal with anyone they want and for any reason they want.

Officially answered.

You have some bad deals, no shows? Ridiculous. Leave them neg feedback. That’s about all you can do. Times they are a change in. When we started 15 or so years ago it seemed like there was a better caliber of folks. But we did have some dirt bags even then. I communicate only by PM until we have set the time place. Then I exchange phone numbers. So on the day of the deal we can talk ,text Each other were in route. I’ve never had a no show. Maybe it works for me! Good luck in your sales, purchases in the future. It seems like you’ve met the NEW ODT

Thanks I can see you understand and have a better perspective I appreciate your incite, I will follow your plan from now on. cant escape the idiots no matter what these days is sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom