Who is in charge of the classifieds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipper1

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
74   0
Reaction score
I have been a member for 15+ years all the way back to the old forum before it was ODT
There is a rapid decline of quality members and lack of respect going on that i have never seen on any forum well maybe armslist! just this month alone!!!! I have had 3 no shows and two guns sold out from under me after I post " I will take it " and pm seller with phone number.
members who have "supposed" 500 transactions leave comments like "I'll take it" is not an ODT rule I can do whatever I damn well want to" Really seriously! This is the new Classifieds and how things are going currently. I you dont know already all you have to do to get a high deal rating is get 3 friends and trade stuff back and forth every week so that means nothing and should not be trusted. how many years someone has been a member can't be faked.

If anyone Cares and don't want the ODT to turn in to the Sketchy time wasting classifieds like the Armslist new rules need to be implemented like ebay and all other forums - the first " I will take it " posted under an item for sale is a commitment to buy! NO back door pm deals.
posting an item for sale is a commitment to sell the item for listed price.

There should never be anyone who post " I'll take it " text seller leaves work early goes to bank and sits in a parking lot for an hour to get a text saying sorry i sold it! seller should be band form listing again.

There should never be a seller who has an item listed for sale and someone post " I'll take it "
which is a commitment to buy the item, gets a pm for someone else saying i got cash can meet in 10 min and seller back door sales out from under the already committed buyer who is rearranging the whole day to live up to the deal.

Can somebody please put me in touch with the person who can actually help with this before ODT classifieds are a back alley swap meet.

thanks
-Chip

I'll take it has never had any meaning here.

You must agree on terms. AND set up firm time and place for the sail, and all MUST be done by PM

No text. No phone, they do not count

There are forums that use I'll take it as a confirmation of the deal, this is NOT one of th those.

755C6CC7-6A93-4F1E-9C8C-3C2AFFA0CC01.jpeg

If you had an agreed on deal with time and place set then leave the other person negative feedback. Posting is an offer to sell. A deal has to be agreed on in PMs not just because someone said “I’ll take it”. The seller has the right to sell to whoever they want regardless of who posts in the ad.

And eBay is an auction site....but then I’ll leave that to @palmettomoon ’s excellent auction manual.

Revcov who are you exactly? if your not in charge or can help I don't want to hear from you thanks.

If you had an agreed on deal with time and place set then leave the other person negative feedback. Posting is an offer to sell. A deal has to be agreed on in PMs not just because someone said “I’ll take it”. The seller has the right to sell to whoever they want regardless of who posts in the ad.

And eBay is an auction site....but then I’ll leave that to @palmettomoon ’s excellent auction manual.

I'll take it has never had any meaning here.

You must agree on terms. AND set up firm time and place for the sail, and all MUST be done by PM

No text. No phone, they do not count

There are forums that use I'll take it as a confirmation of the deal, this is NOT one of th those.

Both of these are exactly correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom