Who is Going to Eat Gold?

moosensquirrel

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
From Adrian Day at International Man

Yes, they sell information....good information

"At a time when many investors are calling gold “a relic,” and many younger ones, in particular, are buying Bitcoin instead, it is worth going back to fundamentals and looking at gold’s role as money over thousands of years. I am not here to attack Bitcoin. Rather, I am here to defend gold."

https://internationalman.com/articles/why-gold/

So what happens to your Bitcoin if you lose power in your area (hurricane, California grid overload with rolling blackouts, tornado, etc.) and cell towers are out in your area or in Bitcoin HQ (if there is such a thing.)

What happens in the event of an EMP attack?

One of the proponents of owning Bitcoin is it’s not controlled by a government..ding ding ding...the government controls the internet and who can access. Can’t trade something you can’t access. PHYSICAL Gold and Silver will always have value.

I'm not so sure I agree. Kind of like abortions and guns, that cat is out of the bag. Unless we have a total societal collapse I don't think it's going away. I'm not saying having some gold and silver is pointless just that if that happens the idea of a "currency" is moot.

In a power outage situation, what you don't physically possess is no longer yours. Think everything from stocks, bitcoin, checking account, electronically stored documents, etc. In a real bad situation, precious metals, diamonds, etc will be worthless. Things that will have value will be food, water, medicine/medical gear, fuel for a while, manual tools, weapons, and people you can count on.

In a power outage situation, what you don't physically possess is no longer yours. Think everything from stocks, bitcoin, checking account, electronically stored documents, etc. In a real bad situation, precious metals, diamonds, etc will be worthless. Things that will have value will be food, water, medicine/medical gear, fuel for a while, manual tools, weapons, and people you can count on.
Yep....worthless in a total SHTF situation. I've always said that 22LRs will be the new 2-4 bits of the apocalypse...

Back
Top Bottom