• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has the best?

acguy

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
6   0
Reaction score
9mm 147G Subsonic (for suppressor) powder type and weight?

I'm using WSF, at 4.0, and it works, but I'm just testing the water to see what kind of data is out there.

I’ve been loading 147 grains for a little while now using titegroup at the suggested beginning load out of Hodgdon manual @3.2 grains. With loads that light though I don’t use my rcbs powder throw...even though it’s usually spot on. I’ll use my Intellidropper. I like it! Out of my suppressed scorpion sounds like a break barrel pellet gun. Little louder of my ar9 but definitely still within hearing safe thresholds. And I haven’t had any cycling issues whatsoever. I don’t really shoot suppressed pistols though, so I can’t comment on that.

147 gr acme with 3.1 or 3.2 titegroup. Can be a little smokey, but not unbearable. Vihtavuori n320 (Very clean) at 3.2 also works great in everything I shoot both suppressed and not.

It was 100% non biased test and the data spoke for itself, blindly. All powders produce reliable cycling that are loaded in correct parameters. I didn't even know powders had Marketing? Anyway, I think its clear that "every powder" can produce acceptable results, and can work. There is no real winners.

I have been loading a lot of VV N320 for the past 4 years with mostly 124s just slightly supersonic.
320 is very clean shooting with no flash and no smoke. I am going to order some 147s and try some subs.

Back
Top Bottom