• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who has sleep issues?

I had a spell for about 6 months where I would wake up at 4:44 am about once a week. When I was a kid, stock car racing hero was Wib Spaulding, who drove car #444. Figure that one out. It was like the alarm was set.

I have sleep apnea and use a CPAP machine and it has been a Godsend for getting deep sleep for about 15 years now....except when my prostate drop kicks my bladder to get up and pee. Once a night, used to be 3 or 4 times a night before CPAP.

My dad, who lived to be 95 years old, for as long as I can remember took a good strong jigger of Jim Beam right before bedtime every night. For his 90th birthday we bought him a case of Beam, when he passed 5.5 years later he had one bottle left unopened.

It always seems like the best sleep is coming at whatever time I have to get up.

Ambien, benadryl, and dramamine are all useful. Of course if you use them all the time and become dependent on those for sleep then you may end up worse off.

Hope you find good sleep soon.

It always seems like the best sleep is coming at whatever time I have to get up.

Ambien, benadryl, and dramamine are all useful. Of course if you use them all the time and become dependent on those for sleep then you may end up worse off.

Hope you find good sleep soon.
That makes two of us. Woke up around 11 and haven't been able to sleep since. Took two melatonin and haven't felt anything. Might down another four. This is getting old real quick

From what I've read about melatonin, it's not a good idea to take a lot of it. It may have the opposite effect of keeping one awake... maybe. The research has yet to fully understand how or if it actually works. It might simply be a placebo effect. I bought a bottle of 10mg tablets from Wallyworld. It did not help. So, I bought a pill cutter at CVS and now take 1/4 of a tablet. It seems to be helping. Then again, it might be all in my head, like my other issues. :loco: YMMV

https://www.healthline.com/health/melatonin-overdose
https://www.sleepfoundation.org/articles/melatonin-and-sleep

I find with melatonin is that if I fight the sleep after I take it it doesn't work. When I take it I have to be ready for sleep and just let it come, and then I'm out.

If you really want to try something look up Jason Stephenson Sleep Meditation on YouTube. Most of his sleep vids are about an hour, but I have never heard one all the way through. I usually make it 15 mins and then I'm gone. This has worked for both me and my wife. Just follow his instructions and it might work for you. I have trouble sleeping sometimes due to my work schedule and this usually does the trick.

I typically have a bout of insomnia at least once a week. Physically tired but cant turn the mind off to go to sleep. Ill be in bed by 10 but watch the clock til at least 1:30 - 2 am. It sucks

Back
Top Bottom