• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

'llWho else thinks it's time to get off social media platforms and other electronic forms of communication?

testdepth

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
51   0
Reaction score
I can't imagine this website is any more secure from prying federal eyes than any other. No offense to the ODT. I've already purged FB and others for the same reason. I have personal experience with cell phones not being secure. At one point in my job hunting after retiring for the military I was offered a job at a facility that does some spook stuff. If you have ever seen the movie "Enemy of the State" and the faraday cage room Gene Hackman had, this company had one of these. They also explained that they had electronics which snooped the airwaves looking for cell phone conversations around the world and feeding them to other agencies for dictation, translation and threat assessment.

Hard to believe we have to revert to snail mail or homing pigeons.

I can't imagine this website is any more secure from prying federal eyes than any other. No offense to the ODT. I've already purged FB and others for the same reason. I have personal experience with cell phones not being secure. At one point in my job hunting after retiring for the military I was offered a job at a facility that does some spook stuff. If you have ever seen the movie "Enemy of the State" and the faraday cage room Gene Hackman had, this company had one of these. They also explained that they had electronics which snooped the airwaves looking for cell phone conversations around the world and feeding them to other agencies for dictation, translation and threat assessment.

Hard to believe we have to revert to snail mail or homing pigeons.
It doesn't matter what precautions you take, actually. The NSA captures EVERY bit of electronic information sent or received, period - encrypted or not, and whether you think you're 'off-the-air' or not. The only way to truly go dark is to go Luddite. And in case you think they can't track your movements in your vehicle if you don't have a GPS, etc., you're wrong. The TPMS system your car uses to monitor your tire pressure is trackable right down to a uniquely identifiable tire-among-billions for each tire on your vehicle....

I have no doubt that you are right about all that. Every time somebody starts one of those 'hill to die on" type thread, I make a similar warning.

If you are willing to die to defend our country, you really don't want to paint a target on your back in advance.

I have no doubt that you are right about all that. Every time somebody starts one of those 'hill to die on" type thread, I make a similar warning.

If you are willing to die to defend our country, you really don't want to paint a target on your back in advance.
Yes...it's really a matter of 'squeaky-wheel' attention you draw I think. Staying the hell off FB, TW, IG, TT, et al is a very good start. ESPECIALLY since all those platforms are doing Big Brother's work for them gratis because they're leftist. :0)

If you live anywhere near asphalt, you can't get off the grid. Who knows how many cameras we pass everyday? My tv is probably watching me type this. I am sure I am on my share of "lists", but the fact of the matter is, I don't own anything illegal and I don't do anything illegal (felony level at least). Other than a weenie pic or 2 texted, I've got nothing to hide. :behindsofa:

Back
Top Bottom