• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who else misses mama's cooking?

dang i didn't need that, i thought i was the only one that had done that. my heart hurts right now, it been 14 years. man how i miss her. she would fry fresh squash fritters for me and make them crunchy along with fresh fried green tomatoes. i can still hear her hollering out the back door "mick, go cut me some squash and a green tomatoe or two and we'll fry them up". folks if you got a mama go call'em , go give them a hug tell them how much you love them. you goona wish you had the opportunity one day.

Sorry Mick to have reminded you of that, it gave me a lump in my throat as well.
I felt pretty small that day with the phone in my hand and standing with a stupid look on my face as well.
But she was there, I could hear her, if only in my head, "Bill, you KNOW what it's supposed to taste like"......

Sorry Mick to have reminded you of that, it gave me a lump in my throat as well.
I felt pretty small that day with the phone in my hand and standing with a stupid look on my face as well.
But she was there, I could hear her, if only in my head, "Bill, you KNOW what it's supposed to taste like"......
i'm actually glad you did. people think i'm crazy when i say " i can smell that cub-steak frying right now" i really can. i'm sure its all in my mind but i swear sometimes i just know i can smell her cooking from that kitchen. no air conditioning just a fan in the window,the smells blowing out side. those were the days. i'm 58 now and can still see it like it was just yesterday.

We were working at the FD a few shifts ago and a local church brought us some leftovers from a church function. They do this about twice a year every year and the food is always so good. Most everything is homemade. I removed the tin foil from a platter and low and behold, there is a platter of deviled eggs. I took one bite and could not hold back the flood of emotions that overwhelmed me. They tasted exactly exactly like my Mother's deviled eggs. I think that she sent them to my station just for me. I told my co-worker about it and he refused to take a single one from me.

We were working at the FD a few shifts ago and a local church brought us some leftovers from a church function. They do this about twice a year every year and the food is always so good. Most everything is homemade. I removed the tin foil from a platter and low and behold, there is a platter of deviled eggs. I took one bite and could not hold back the flood of emotions that overwhelmed me. They tasted exactly exactly like my Mother's deviled eggs. I think that she sent them to my station just for me. I told my co-worker about it and he refused to take a single one from me.

BRB glasses foggy....

Reactions: BHJ
Back
Top Bottom