• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who drives a pickup truck?

Yes sir. I honestly don't know the answer as to how much to live and enjoy vs how much to store away. Wish l knew. Our investment guy says l need to have 1.2 mill in investments when l retire in order to maintain the same lifestyle l have now as to when l retire. I doubt I'll make that but l should be close.

Yeah, I need to talk to someone and start planning. Let's assume Social security is still there... At my current rate, my wife and I should have over $7k a month coming in from that... But that's not enough to meet our current lifestyle my any means... I think our plan is to sit on this house, and by the time we retire it is paid off. Sell it, downsize to a cheaper home further out in the country, pay cash, pay off all the vehicles or even buy our "last cars" with the leftover cash, and go into retirement with new vehicles we don't have to worry about, no debt, no mortgage, etc...

If we can do that, then $10k a month coming in from SS and 401k and things like that, should be plenty... The key will be making sure we have zero debt and reliable vehicles by that point...

If we don't have car notes, bike payments or a mortgage to worry about, our monthly income needs can get cut by 1/2 to 2/3 and we can do just fine.

The 1.2 to maintain current lifestyle is assuming no more dept payments. The theory is that we should be able to live off of dividends and interest and leave the 1.2 there.

I'm sure we'll have to move at some point. We have a 2 story house and I'm confident that my knees wont make it into old age. I know my wifes won't. Her knees already give her problems. Basically to do anything in our house a set of steps is involved. I wanted to move and my wife wanted to do an addition. So we comprised and did an addition. Her ability to budget and save we did it with cash. That's kind of a freeing feeling to not owe tons of people

I'm sure we'll have to move at some point. We have a 2 story house and I'm confident that my knees wont make it into old age. I know my wifes won't. Her knees already give her problems. Basically to do anything in our house a set of steps is involved. I wanted to move and my wife wanted to do an addition. So we comprised and did an addition. Her ability to budget and save we did it with cash. That's kind of a freeing feeling to not owe tons of people

I like how you said that you wanted to do X, your wife wanted to do Y, so you "compromised" and did Y. LOL

Made me laugh...

My 2013 F-150 Platinum

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0873.jpg

This thread should say "WHO HAS THE BIGGEST TRUCK PAYMENT".
Guess that's why my truck is an old Ram dually cummins and old Tahoe. Priced out new Ford Super Duty's. Even the basic dually diesel 4wd are $60,000. And priced one at $97,000 too. DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Dually diesel has been cheaper than equivalent F250's at the dealer. Last time I went in to price trucks I could get a Lariat dually for $66,000 and a Lariat F250 for $74,000.

Yes sir. I honestly don't know the answer as to how much to live and enjoy vs how much to store away. Wish l knew. Our investment guy says l need to have 1.2 mill in investments when l retire in order to maintain the same lifestyle l have now as to when l retire. I doubt I'll make that but l should be close.

Depends how long you live. LOL

I'm shooting for 1.2M - 1.5M depending on how the market goes but I may have to work an extra 2-3 years also depending and my plan also accounts for doing a little part time consulting after I leave full time work. If Trump gets reelected, I'm hoping I can retire in three more years at 62. Don't expect I'll live much past 76 or so given family history so I might as well enjoy my golden years at 100% income replacement driving a 2020 loaded truck. :D

Back
Top Bottom