• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Who drives a pickup truck?

Can't hide money.

I still own the truck that I bought before I got married. I had to get a loan for half of it. My payment was 149 a month for 3 years. Almost couldn't pay it either

To each their own, mang... haha

I have toys. I work hard and I like to pay hard. I don't save enough, that I admit. Can't take it with you!

I would **** if that were my house payment Mines under 1000 and almost gone

You can't keep up with the Joneses with that kind of thinking! You are not alone though my friend, I'm right there with you.

If I can another 15 years out of my 15 year old truck, I'll buy a Sprinter van and start the build for my retirement rig. For now, I'll enjoy not making payments and keep building that nest egg. I am going to need some gas money for my last days!

You can't keep up with the Joneses with that kind of thinking! You are not alone though my friend, I'm right there with you.

If I can another 15 years out of my 15 year old truck, I'll buy a Sprinter van and start the build for my retirement rig. For now, I'll enjoy not making payments and keep building that nest egg. I am going to need some gas money for my last days!

I think I have just always felt that I wouldn't live that long anyway... Always figured something would take me out before I got to old age... So I tend to live more in the moment, enjoy what I work for, etc...

I may very well live to regret that, but I figure, why scrimp, save, do without and sacrifice for 50 years, so that you may, if you live that long, have more comfort for the last 10-15 years? I wont be able to go offroading, ride ATV's the way I do, do track days and stuff when I am that old... I would rather enjoy things while I can.

I have friends that never spend their money, save everything... With my luck I would spend 40 years working and saving and then drop dead from a heart attack or get hit by a bus while riding anyway... I don't have kids to pass it on to...

I think I have just always felt that I wouldn't live that long anyway... Always figured something would take me out before I got to old age... So I tend to live more in the moment, enjoy what I work for, etc...

I may very well live to regret that, but I figure, why scrimp, save, do without and sacrifice for 50 years, so that you may, if you live that long, have more comfort for the last 10-15 years? I wont be able to go offroading, ride ATV's the way I do, do track days and stuff when I am that old... I would rather enjoy things while I can.

I have friends that never spend their money, save everything... With my luck I would spend 40 years working and saving and then drop dead from a heart attack or get hit by a bus while riding anyway... I don't have kids to pass it on to...

I spend money on things. I just don't go balls to the wall with it. I can assure you that if it weren't for my wife l would have nothing. She's very good at budgeting. We buy cars with cash. It's nice not being in debt. Most of our extra money rolls into our teenagers. We make them carry their own but they still need some help. Sports are expensive. I do wish that l got out a little more though but I've never been a big thrill seeker.

This thread should say "WHO HAS THE BIGGEST TRUCK PAYMENT".
Guess that's why my truck is an old Ram dually cummins and old Tahoe. Priced out new Ford Super Duty's. Even the basic dually diesel 4wd are $60,000. And priced one at $97,000 too. DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

They say to be financially independent you should never take out a car loan.

Have "they" priced these trucks lately?

My new Ram stickered at $86,820.

I'm paying that way down with the (future) proceeds of selling my 5 year old truck with 72K miles, and a hefty down. I could pull the money elsewhere, but the P&I I'll pay on $50K over 6 years will cost me less than what I would lose taking it out of the markets and spending to maintain my old truck - looking at $20K up front to make it bulletproof for 15 more years of pulling. Making a car or truck payment I haven't had to make in 9 years will be tough, but thankfully, not difficult. Other than a mortgage, I have zero personal debt and don't carry any CC debt. Ever.

This will be my forever truck and it's time to treat myself for once.

Not judging you or anyone for that matter. I use to think that I wouldn't see the age of 21, here I am though 20 years later and I hope to see another 40 plus years, not for me but so that I can see my girls grow up and see their kids give them grief like they sometimes do me!

It takes all kinds to make the world go around, I just choose to pay myself versus pay payments. By the way, you can still do all of that fun stuff without paying payments!

Not judging you or anyone for that matter. I use to think that I wouldn't see the age of 21, here I am though 20 years later and I hope to see another 40 plus years, not for me but so that I can see my girls grow up and see their kids give them grief like they sometimes do me!

It takes all kinds to make the world go around, I just choose to pay myself versus pay payments. By the way, you can still do all of that fun stuff without paying payments!

Yeah, I would probably do things a little differently if I did it all over. Since 2007, I have spent about a quarter of a million on bikes, and atvs... Bunch more on trucks. Probably $50k on guns... I am very impulsive... I tend to want something and I go out and buy it.

As a result, I never have a ton of savings, not like what you would expect someone in my bracket to have. People that make far less, probably have more socked away... I would do things a bit differently, but at 47 that time is sorta gone. Whatcha gonna do?

I enjoy things. I have an often stressful job, with a skillset that took me 20 years to build, so that I could make the kind of money to afford me a given lifestyle... But in retrospect, I really should have saved more and will likely regret not having done so if I live that long.

Yeah, actually working on being better on that, putting more into 401k, etc...

But you only live once, right?

Yes sir. I honestly don't know the answer as to how much to live and enjoy vs how much to store away. Wish l knew. Our investment guy says l need to have 1.2 mill in investments when l retire in order to maintain the same lifestyle l have now as to when l retire. I doubt I'll make that but l should be close.

Back
Top Bottom