• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Whitetail vs Stag grips legal?

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I was told by a knife maker that white tail deer antler grips is illegal to sell on knives sold commercially, but stag antlers is legal.

I am not a hunter, but I never knew there is a difference. If this guy is correct, why you sell one vs the other?

Have never heard whitetail is illegal, call the DNR and ask. I do know Stag was no longer imported from India
due to population issues a long time ago. THe biggest difference I see is whitetail isn't as dense. Know I am a blade collector
not a builder.

I was told by a knife maker that white tail deer antler grips is illegal to sell on knives sold commercially, but stag antlers is legal.

I am not a hunter, but I never knew there is a difference. If this guy is correct, why you sell one vs the other?

Have never heard whitetail is illegal, call the DNR and ask. I do know Stag was no longer imported from India
due to population issues a long time ago. THe biggest difference I see is whitetail isn't as dense. Know I am a blade collector
not a builder.

Sambar stag from India was illegal to import at one time but I don’t know if that’s changed or not. It’s NOT illegal to sell knives or guns with either one, Sambar or Whitetail stag. spistols spistols whoever told you that was sorely mistaken, I’ve owned knives and guns with Sambar grips and Whitetail grips on a knife. Nothing wrong with Whitetail grips, I just personally like the Sambar more. Here’s an Italian Steletto with Sambar stag grips.

IMG_1128.jpeg

IMG_1129.jpeg

Sambar stag from India was illegal to import at one time but I don’t know if that’s changed or not. It’s NOT illegal to sell knives or guns with either one, Sambar or Whitetail stag. spistols spistols whoever told you that was sorely mistaken, I’ve owned knives and guns with Sambar grips and Whitetail grips on a knife. Nothing wrong with Whitetail grips, I just personally like the Sambar more. Here’s an Italian Steletto with Sambar stag grips.

View attachment 7134084

View attachment 7134083
Italian hmmm, looks like a mexican express card from the 60's

Back
Top Bottom