• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

White Trash Cooking

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
Okay some of yall may recall my fried bologna sammiches recipe thread. Not really a recipe. You just throw thick sliced bologna in a pan with a little hot oil. Mayonaise and cheese slices on your bread and it's all done. But now I've bumped it up a notch.
Tater Tot casserole! Yeah that's right. And it's got all the best (cheap) ingredients. Just cook the tots in the oven until they're close to done. Then layer them in a pyrex type pan. Then you need some refried black beans. The Bush's brand in the pic are THE best. They go good with everything. But I can only find them at Kroger. Anyway,mix the beans in a hot pan with some diced bell peppers,onions and however much browned ground beef you want. It's kinda like making burritos. But you put a layer of the been meat mix over the tots. Then a layer of cheese. Then do another layer the same way. i thought about adding sour creme on top but I was already 2 Icehouse tall boys into it and didn't wanna get behind the wheel. Well the finish product looks awful but it tastes ****ing great! Don't axe me the calorie count or the fat and sodium content. I have no idea. As my grandfather used to say "I'm here for a good time not a long time."

Attachments

• recipe1.JPG
    recipe1.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 86
  • recipe3.JPG
    recipe3.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 87
  • recipe4.JPG
    recipe4.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 86
  • recipe2.JPG
    recipe2.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 84
Looks like it will make a good turd
Well I don't have any problem in that area. Icehouse in the evenings and black coffee by the pot full in the mornings. If that don't make you go then you got something bad wrong with you.

But yes, the refried black beans are an investment with an almost immediate payoff. And you won't sleep late the next day. The beans won't let you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom