White bass.

If it's open water, a 1/8 oz. Green Chartreuse Rooster tail, with yellow as a back up.

If it's a little rockier or brushier, same colors in 1/8 jig with same color 2" curly tail. Glitter tails seem to do a smidge better, but I wouldn't sweat it. Rooster tails still will work, but you can't afford to fish them.

IMO lighter line is best because if you are "up the river" heavier line will make your jig "float." I get by fine on 6 lb. fluro.

If you hit a Wal Mart, or Academy, you'll notice that these colors are mostly already gone.
No worries. I already have everything you described. Thanks!

I caught those on a red trout magnet with a gold jig, 1/16 oz on 4lb test. Fishing with an ultra light setup, it's a lot more fun that way. The water is pretty calm and shallow around there so you can get away with the lighter stuff, black or red 1/16 jig heads with a small white curly tail grub was working pretty good too. They wouldn't touch a rooster tail or a spoon yet, but I usually throw a half oz silver or gold spoon and it works pretty good.

I caught those on a red trout magnet with a gold jig, 1/16 oz on 4lb test. Fishing with an ultra light setup, it's a lot more fun that way. The water is pretty calm and shallow around there so you can get away with the lighter stuff, black or red 1/16 jig heads with a small white curly tail grub was working pretty good too. They wouldn't touch a rooster tail or a spoon yet, but I usually throw a half oz silver or gold spoon and it works pretty good.
Does Olde Rope Mill Park have a boat ramp?

No but you can park and carry a canoe, kayak, or Jon boat into the water. If you're wanting to fish it in a real boat you can drive up there from the lake, past bells ferry marina and up little river.

20170324_190314.jpg

This is a cheap jerk bait. 6 1/2' light rod with light reel and 6 lb test line. Lots of fun!

Hit the Little River and the Coosa yesterday, but the water was very muddy with lots of trash in it from the storms. Only caught a couple, but it was a fun trip.

Back
Top Bottom