• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

which rolling tool chest to get?

I have a 1 year old US General I have used literally every day. Decent enough quality and much nicer than my husky/kobalt stuff. I also have an older American made Craftsman and while good, it's not great. At $10 in a yard sale I'll deal with the slight rust

just need some idea's.
not a professional mechanic but after 45 years i have collected a lot of tools and they are all over in different smaller tool boxes.
space in a concern for me then cost's.
I had a 36" Craftsman for 30+ years, but it was never big enough, plus I overloaded the drawers until they would no longer properly close. Searched for months for a used chest and couldn't find any better prices than new, so eventually splurged on a 46" Husky that was on sale at HD. Quickly discovered that I should have bought the 52", because it wouldn't hold all my tools! (Kinda like gun safes, Lol)

But I still don't regret my purchase.
8fdad036479dd50d9bcdc8b7c9343929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

I had a 36" Craftsman for 30+ years, but it was never big enough, plus I overloaded the drawers until they would no longer properly close. Searched for months for a used chest and couldn't find any better prices than new, so eventually splurged on a 46" Husky that was on sale at HD. Quickly discovered that I should have bought the 52", because it wouldn't hold all my tools! (Kinda like gun safes, Lol)

But I still don't regret my purchase.
8fdad036479dd50d9bcdc8b7c9343929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
Tool boxes are never big enough. I could easily use 2 more 52" boxes, and still have stuff looking for a home, and I no longer work out of my boxes.

I have a 42” tall dewalt box and a 60” workbench top Husky from homo depot

ive been happy with both

also have a 32” craftsman and it’s kind of flimsy compared to the dw and husky

I understand about tools everywhere. Go to Home Depot and Lowes. To me just check the quality. Check the drawers and casters for smooth operation and heavy hardware. After all, your going to be storing a lot of weight in them. Make sure it has good enough steel in it to hold up to some abuse. Get one that is lockable. You'll likely want to lock it from time to time. I bought a Craftsman many years ago and it's held up fine.

I've had all sorts of boxes over the years. A lot of Craftsman and HF with others mixed in. Lately I'm wanting more box. Latest was a Matco flip top "cart" which is a massive 46" wide thing with deep drawers. Can't say enough about deep drawers and quality build. I like a lot of shorter height but deeper drawers to hold a ton and organize better. Keep searching for a Snap On KRL triple bay lately. They can be had used, but you have to stumble across the right deal. Zero chance I'd buy one new.

Attachments

• 20210917_014727.jpg
    20210917_014727.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 3
Back
Top Bottom