• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which muzzle device for which rifle?

Lazarus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
39   0
Reaction score
Trying to finish up some builds I have going on and seem to be at a crossroads with what to run on which barrel.

First is a 14.5" SOPMOD build I'm doing. I'm not keen on which Block it's either I or 1.5 but either way I'll need to have something pinned on it to make up the difference as it won't be an SBR.

The second build is a HRT clone with 11.5" barrel that will be SBR'd. No I was not planning on running a can on this one. Most HRTs only have the bird cage flash hider on the end. I was thinking about getting a Surefire Warden and putting that on there.

I have in my inventory 1 AAC flash hider which I could pin on the 14.5” but with the scarcity of them I want to make sure I use it on the right rifle. I might end up getting a SOCOM RC in the future but for now I have to plan around what I have.

So do I run my M42K on the SOPMOD build on the HRT build?

I'd personally weigh my options on suppressing to the very last to check on AAC mounts becoming available. Might have to run a different can. In for further details as I don't know what a HRT is. :doh::doh::doh:

I'd personally weigh my options on suppressing to the very last to check on AAC mounts becoming available. Might have to run a different can. In for further details as I don't know what a HRT is. :doh::doh::doh:

HRT is Hostage Rescue Team, an elite tactical unit Of the FBI, kinda like SWAT.

Is it hard to unpin and switch out devices?

Not hard to unpin a device but the old device will be destroyed. Old devices can be removed and be useable again but would probably cost more than what the old device was worth.

So your build is modeled after a gun from a HRT? What gun is that?

Sorry I'm just seeing this post. Basically an 11.5" SBR running a Geissele MK4 rail that was made for this rifle.

FBI HRT rifle.jpg

Not running suppresses I'd personally run a flash hider, maybe even just an A2. The concussion from a comp will be ear splitting loud.

I wouldn't spend the close to $300 to setup the warden. A flaming pig or knockoff will accomplish the same thing, more or less.

Back
Top Bottom