• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Which Mechanical Broadhead ?

I went through this same process over a couple of years and had some very bad results on more than one occasion. Then ODT pointed me at Swhacker last year and they are prefect. Very accurate and the practice point has the exact same point of impact. Great wound channel and real confidence builders. I've killed a nice buck that only went about 30 yards and a raccoon... at night... with them.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1015894818?pid=389004

Swhackers don’t fail , rages do.
I had three rage failures....left me in a rage.

I’ve used swhackers an average 3-5 kills before retiring them.

They’re a simple, fail proof design.
The green ones are 100 grain and they come with a red practice point in each kit of three green 100 grain heads.

I have about six practice points ...it’s nice to have a bunch so you don’t have to keep chasing your single practice arrow.

Ive had mechanical heads fail. Open in flight or deflect. That was with my compound. I switched to magnus fixed. For the crossbow, G5 montec. The montecs dont have a 2” cutting diameter, but they fly straight and cause plenty of trauma. Ive been accused of shooting them with a gun in Fulton lol. The g5 isnt cheap but I still have every one ive ever bought. You can resharpen them. They are seldom damaged.

Thats the exit side on a neck shot from a grim reaper
20191013_170407.jpg

Fwiw anything mechanical can and will fail. Also not all deer react to the string similarly. No matter if you are shooting 150fps longbow or a 400fps crossbow at 30 you cant beat the drop. This year i will be shooting a magnus stinger killer bee, vpa 3 blade and a slick trick viper trick. The magnus and slick trick have 2” of cutting surface. The vpa is 1-1/8. A cut on contact broadhead is not going to fail plus you can reuse them after sharpening them. More deer are recovered with complete pass throughs vs leaving an arrow in them. A cut on contact fixed is going to penetrate deeper than any mechanical broadhead as well. Look at Dr. Ed Ashby or Ranchfairy on youtube (yes he can be over the top but he is a heart surgeon). Either way hope you are successful this year!

Back
Top Bottom